Chapter 4: Aftermath

After the light had faded, I saw a brief glimpse of what looked like an ancient library filled with dusty papyrus scrolls and elaborate carvings, before I jumped in surprise and the necklace slid off my neck. As soon as it slid off, I was back in my own time and in front of the dull, spotted, and cracked old library bathroom mirror. I carefully shoved both the necklace and the tiny papyrus scroll into their bag and then into my purse before racing back to the hotel room. I slammed the door behind me and stood there panting for a moment before stumbling over to my bed and collapsing onto it. What had just happened? "It's just a figment of my imagination" I told myself. "It's not real." I slowly got up after convincing myself of that fact.

I put on the long silky gossamer white dress I had bought at the market that had reminded me of the outfits in my dream. Then, I walked into the bathroom and stood before the mirror. I pulled the beautiful necklace out of its' bag and fastened it around my neck.

"Whew!" I sighed in relief, smiling. Nothing had happened, which meant that what I had seen was just a silly figment of my overactive imagination. Then, I looked in the mirror and saw that I looked exactly like an ancient Egyptian girl. I had my shoulder-length silky black hair hanging down my back and the dress and necklace made it look like I had just popped out of ancient Egypt. I looked like the girl in my dream! The only thing that was missing from the image was the snake headdress and the beads in my hair. I pulled the papyrus scroll out of the bag and smoothed it out to examine it while being careful not to wrinkle or tear it. It looked the same as before, I just realized I had been reading hieroglyphics! That was strange because I had never been able to read them before. I had never even seen them before, even though I am Egyptian. So how could I understand an ancient writing that I had never seen or heard before? Maybe it is in my blood? I doubt it though, there are lots of Egyptians in modern times who can't read hieroglyphics. Well it doesn't really matter how I can read it, what matters is what it says.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think will happen next chapter? And no peeking, then commenting. Above is a picture of the scroll. below is a picture of Abayomi in her outfit.

 below is a picture of Abayomi in her outfit