Chapter 9: Prison

"What am I doing in here!?" I cried out in despair.

"Awaiting punishment." They replied while quietly snickering at me, and then they left quickly. A few miserable, cold and lonely hours later, they came back.

Then they said, with cruel delight in their voices " The pharaoh has sentenced you to die at sunrise two days from now, Witch." I sank to the freezing, slimy ground then. I stared all around the cold damp cell in silence. Not really seeing or feeling anything. I just sat there waiting. I almost believed I could hear moaning spirits swirling around me, beckoning me to join them. I know, its a little creepy. But considering, I AM in a cold and damp prison cell. Anyone would be thinking this. Then I remembered that I had some food in my pocket.

I slowly ate half of the dates. Then I walked over to the area just under the metal grate that led to the sky. I dug a hole in the ground and put the fig seeds inside. Then I covered up the seeds and went in search of some stones. I found some and placed them in a circle around my seeds. Afterwards, I climbed up to a rock ledge and went to sleep, having nothing better to do. I continued to do this the next day.

Around midnight of my last day, I heard a rustling from the hole in the prison ceiling. Then, an old but strong long rope fell down all the way to the floor. I looked up and saw Anippe beckoning me to climb up. So I did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this is a short chapter, I've been busy with school and scuba training.

What do you think will happen next? Do you think they will get caught?

See you in a little while with the next chapter!!! :)