Chapter 5: Ancient Market

I read the papyrus scroll aloud and the instant after I said the ancient egyptian words, the world flashed bright, again. When I could see again, I looked around and saw that I was standing in an open temple area where you could see the sun rise. It would be the temple floor where people would go to pray to Ra or one of the other egyptian gods.

But how did I get here in the first place? The necklace, and the scroll's words! Back in the library, everything went away when I took the necklace off, so that might work now! I tried to unclasp the necklace but it wouldn't come undone. It was stuck. Oh,no. What should I do now? I need to get back to my time before something bad and irreversible happens. Well, at least I'm lucky enough to be wearing my ancient egypt outfit.

I ran out of the beautiful temple hoping to find a way to get back home. I ran all the way to where the modern marketplace was and when I got there, I gasped in amazement. The ancient marketplace is so beautiful! There are so many vibrant sounds and smells! I walked throughout the marketplace, gaping in amazement. Suddenly, I realized that I looked very different from everyone else.

I quickly walked over to a stall and bought a covered basket and some white silk. I put my purse and all it's contents into my new basket and covered it up with the silk before closing the lid. I continued walking and bought some fresh dates and other such food items. As I was walking away from the fruit stall, a boy nearby dropped a small fruit. As I picked it up to return it to him the fruit stall owner looked up.

He saw me with the fruit and cried "thief!", "Thief!" A marketplace guard ran over and tried to grab me. I jerked away, shoved the fruit into my basket because the boy had run off, and ran. As I ran through the streets of Thebes, the streets blurred on either side of me. I quickly looked behind me to see how far the guards were behind me. Suddenly, I crashed into someone. "Oof!" I cried out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think happened? Who do you she ran in to? Above is a picture of the market.