quatre

A week had passed, and the boys had been spending quite a bit of time together.

But, of all days and nights and afternoons, the late afternoon before the day of one week mark was the one most notable.

Tom and Tord were sitting on Tom's sofa, in his flat. They were flipping through channels, slightly bored.

"Hey," Tord started.

"Hm?" Tom hummed, clicking buttons on the remote.

"This past week has been alright, with you."

"I bet it's been a ball on your end."

"You haven't been having fun?"

"I.." Tom didn't exactly want to admit he was having fun with his worst enemy, or, at the least, his least favorite friend.

"C'mon, I could tell you've been having fun."

"Then why'd you ask?"

"Well.. Because I wanted confirmation. That's fair, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I guess."

It was quiet, until Tom groaned.

"There's nothing on," he grumbled.

"Then turn it off," Tord said.

"That'll make the millionth moment of awkward silence at one of our flats this week, let's be honest."

Tom sighed, shaking his head with a smile. He turned the news on, and there was nothing interesting. Except for all the bullshit with the new American president.

"They actually carried out an immigrant ban?" Tom was surprised. "Holy shit."

"Look at those numbers, oh my god," Tord said as he read the screen. "That's not right."

"Aren't you an immigrant?"

"Uh.. yeah, I think."

"Well, you were born in Norway, right?"

"Yeah; I guess I am, then." Tord watched the report a bit. "I cannot believe that."

"Who's idea was it to let him run in the first place?"

"I don't know.. Society is fucked, honestly."

"Especially with psychopaths like you running around, killing people."

"Shush, no one knows it was me."

"Not yet."

"Stop it."

"I'll do whatever I want with my proof," Tom teased. He slightly leaned across the couch to Tord while speaking. "And you can't stop me."

"Is that so?" Tord looked to Tom, raising an eyebrow and smirking slightly.

"Absolutely."

"Do you think our asshole-ery clashes? Or does it go well together?"

"I don't know if we're the proper judges of that."

They both chuckled a little bit. Tord moved closer to Tom, so they weren't separated by too much space.

"Do you think this week has been good on our relationship?" Tord spoke again.

"What relationship?"

"Like, friends. Platonically and stuff."

"I guess so. I mean, every sentence we share isn't insults or shouting or arguing anymore, so if that isn't some kind of progress, I don't know what is."

"Good point. Do you think, we could be called friends?"

"I think anyone who's seen us in public this past week would call us friends."

"You have such elaborate responses to yes or no questions, like, what is going on in your head?"

"I suppose I'm not one to dumb down an answer."

"Would you stop that?"

Tom laughed a little bit, and Tord did as well. Tom put his arm on the sofa behind Tord, and Tord turned his head a bit. He moved a little bit closer, before Tom moved and closed the gap between them.

"Don't be so hesitant all the time," Tom said to Tord.

Tord's face got a little red as he looked away.

Then, another news report flashed on the television, and Tord looked up.

masked murderer strikes again, this time with evident surveillance footage.

Tord's eyes went wide. "Hey, what the fuck?!" He leaned to the edge of the sofa. "This shithead is taking credit for my murders!"

The footage was shown on the TV. It showed someone dressed in all black beating up a body in an alley before shooting it five times and dragging it out of the the camera's view.

"Oh come on, no one is that stupid to not notice those cameras. If this person is trying to be m-"

The report updated.

More footage.

Tom and Tord's jaws dropped.

It was them. In the alleyway.

"Oh my god, oh my god holy shit..!!" Tord stood up. It even got to the part where him and Tom had locked lips. Tord covered his eyes out of frustration after he saw their lips meet on national television. Tord turned back to Tom, to see that his eyes were fixed on the TV.

The footage was played back, with reporter's interpretations. They were thrown way off the page by the kiss, but since the lighting was horrible they couldn't make out Tom's face, and could barely get Tord's. The only noticeable element was their hairstyles; spiked up, as always.

"Oh Jesus Christ... this is it, this is the end of me," Tord paced around the room, unable to calm down.

"I.. I, I.. Us.. We, us, kissing, on the news..." Tom couldn't wrap his head around what he'd just seen. Tord burried his head in his hands.

Tom shook his head, standing up himself. "I can't even.. I'm not dreaming, right?"

"Nope, I am very much awake and comprehending what I just saw, just like you," Tord exclaimed.

"Christ almighty.." Tom looked up. "Well, we had a good week. There's the end of my life right there." Then, Tom's phone rang. He took it out of his back pocket, and Tord looked at Tom. "Aw, come on!!"

"Who is it?"

"It's Edd."

"Oh my god," Tord continued to pace after speaking. Tom answered, and said hello. Tord spun around, giving Tom a look that said "what the fuck have you done?"

"Yes, I saw the news... Uh..-" Edd could be heard screaming, was that you and tord, from the other end. ".. What would you do if I said, yes..? Oh, alright... No, Tord's not here. Why would Tord be here? God knows where that prick is, he's probably out killing someone else!" Tord was still staring at Tom with a bizarre face. "I, okay, okay. Uh huh. Bye.." Tom put his phone down.

"He's coming over isn't he."

"Mmhm," Tom hummed in agreement while nodding.

"And I'm 'not here.'"

"Yeah."

"You're the fucking prick, I don't wanna hear it."

"Tord, he can't know I'm sticking up for you."

"Yeah, alright. Will I ruin your reputation?"

"You'll jeopardize my friendship!"

They stare at each other.

"Fine."