cinq

"Just stay in here, okay?" Tom was about to shut the door to his closet. "And hand me my hoodie just in case I need it." Tord handed Tom his hoodie from inside the closet. "I'm gonna go wait for them." Tom moved towards his bedroom door, shutting his closet door.

"Wait."

Tom's head turned back to Tord, who was keeping the door open.

"What?"

"I.. I really didn't want to suggest this, but I've put thought into it." Tord looked abnormally worried. Tom raised an eyebrow. "Edd and Matt can't go on alive," Tord said quickly.

"What?"

"You heard me. They know that I was the killer, and if they see me, they'll hand me in. They're not like you, they wouldn't understand. If you confess to helping me, they'll be disappointed in both of us, for God knows how long. They're the only people that knows it was us, and with them out of the way, we'll be okay. I know, it's crazy, but it's the only way we can go on."

"Tord.. I wouldn't ever kill Edd and Matt, I couldn't!"

"I will come out of this closet while you're mid-sentence with them, I swear. My trust bond them is already soiled now, and I know how to ruin yours. Please, Tom. Do this for me, for you. For us."

Tom and Tord locked eyes. Tom shook his head.

"Tord, I couldn't... I can't..!" Tom spoke softly. Tord frowned, and with little hesitation, he went right in and kissed Tom.

By the end of the kiss, their arms were tightly around the other, and they were ever so slightly beginning to open their mouths when the doorbell rang.

"I'll kill them," Tord whispered. Tom hesitantly nodded. He gave Tord one more kiss before he left. He wiped his mouth as he walked to the front door.

Tom opened the door. It was indeed Edd and Matt. "Hey, guys."

"Okay, I want an explanation," Edd started as he walked in with Matt. Tom shut the door behind him. "Tord lied about you dying last week, we haven't seen either of you since, and just now there's was footage of Tord putting a gun to your head in the alleyway. What has been going on?" Edd and Matt sat on the couch, awaiting Tom's response.

"Uh.. Well, what you saw on the television was what actually happened. He, is the killer, and he almost killed me. He pretended to he drunk and he lured me into an alleyway," Tom started off.

"And you kissed him?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, where did the kiss come from?" Edd followed up.

"I didn't know what else to do. It sounds really stupid, but he was counting down, and kissing is the only known way to 'stop time,'" he air quoted. "If I were to hit him or something he would've fired."

"Alright then.. So, you're sure you don't know where Tord is? Both of you haven't been in touch this week."

"I.." Tom saw Tord sneaking down the hallway with his gun out, out of the corner of his eye. "I do know where he is."

"You do?" Matt was a bit shocked, as was Edd.

"Where is he? Why didn't you call the police?! We can't let Tord go around killing more people, wasn't that him in the other recent footage?"

"No," Tord and Tom jinxed. Tord walked out of the hallway, and Edd and Matt gasped.

"That was some asshole trying to take my credit," Tord told them.

"Tord, I swear to god, is that loaded?" Edd nervously asked, looking between Tord's eyes and the gun.

"Oh, of course it is. I wouldn't leave home without it being loaded," he chuckled.

"You're insane!" Matt slowly stood up.

"How could you tell? Now," Tord cocked the gun, and pointed it at Tom. "Don't call the police, and this bullet doesn't move."

"Wait, what?" Tom turned his head to Tord. Tord gave him a look that said, "C'mon, dude."

"Tord, please put the gun down," Edd quivered a bit.

"I'll do it! I will not hesitate to put a bullet in his skull!" Tord said back, sternly.

"We won't call the police, Tord," Matt told him. "Please, just don't shoot."

"You guys are acting like I'm pointing this gun at you," Tord chuckled a bit. "How about that?" He moved his gun to their general direction.

"Tord!!" They jinxed.

"Hey.. I can't let you guys go anywhere, not with all this information in your heads."

"Tom, do something!" Edd said, looking at Tom.

"I was with Tord, all last week. I helped him lay low, and hide from you two. And, the authorities.."

"Tom.. No, there's no way. Please, you wouldn't keep Tord safe, would you?" Edd looked at Tom with desperate eyes.

Tom turned around.

"I'll miss you," Tord began a small maniacal laugh. "Goodbye!"

"Tord, no-!"

Two gunshots.

Two bodies, and two bullets, hit the floor.

Tom nervously turned back around.

"Wow, Tom.. I'm so proud of you," Tord said after a bit of silence. He smiled, turning to face Tom.

"What do you mean, proud?" Tom questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"You let your best friends be killed by your enemy."

"But, I thought we weren't enemies anymore. We aren't, right?"

"Depends on how you look at it. Anyone who'd seen us in the past week, would probably have thought we were friends. Just like you said."

"But, you-"

"I, had a blast with you, this past week. Seeing you smile at me, not trying to strangle me? Improvements."

"What are you playing at?"

"I'm not playing at anything."

Tord walked over, and pulled Tom down by his shirt hem.

"I love you, Thomas."

"I.."

"That's the biggest lie I've ever told."

"Wh-"

"I've always wanted to make you suffer. My lifelong dream. And now.." he chuckled. "I'm gonna ruin your life."

Police sirens.

"Tord.. What did you-"

"I hate you, Thomas. And I know you do, too."

Tord put his gun in Tom's hands, upside down.

Tord stuck his tongue out at Tom, before sticking the gun in his own mouth, and pulling the trigger.

A fifth bullet.

His body fell to the ground, Tom holding the weapon. Police kicked down the door, automatically taking Tom away as the suspected murderer.

Tears fell from Tom's eyes. No emotions. Not sadness. Not anger.

Only one emotion.

Tom felt undeniably hurt.

He was handcuffed in the back of the police car, and he was incredibly hurt.

He'd been used. Betrayed.

Swayed, into fake love.

Then, he realized how he was feeling.

He felt just as Tord had claimed to feel.

He hated Tord, but he was too in love to care.

"Tord.." Softly escaped his lips.