"romance in aspen."

{Michael}

It was finally the day I've been waiting for—the day we leave Los Angeles to embark on what I know will be a more than memorable trip to the beautiful city of Aspen, Colorado.

After packing up the last of my things, I locked up my apartment and headed off to meet my family at the airport but not before picking up my baby Alika first.

Thank goodness her house wasn't too far from LAX.

Unfortunately when I pulled up to the driveway, I noticed Tad's car sitting right in the middle of it.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, deciding to park on the curb instead of next to him.

Ever since that night he accused me of wanting Alika just so I could sleep with her made me look at him so much differently. I've avoided him at all costs and will continue to do so until I feel the need to stop, which won't be anytime soon.

I refuse to let his negativity hinder me from having a good time and enjoying myself on this much needed break with his beautiful, loving sister who I happen to be in love with.

..she just doesn't know it yet.

I stuffed my keys in the front pocket of my jeans before hanging my aviators on the collar of my shirt. I swiftly knocked on the front door and rang the doorbell one time.

I smiled at the sight of Alika looking beautiful as ever as she swung open the door and gawked at me.

"Hey, baby," she nearly purred like a small kitten as she wrapped her arms around me, leaving a soft moan in my mouth as we met halfway for a short yet sultry kiss.

I buried my face in her neck as soon as we parted, my hands resting comfortably on her ass as I did.

A short moment later, I lifted my head and smirked as I watched her play around with the loose curl hanging on the right side of my cheek.

"I've already finished packing...all I have to do is get my shoes on so we can leave and not be late for our flight," she said, softly biting on her lower lip and caressing my chest while looking up at me with those innocent puppy dog eyes. "..and don't worry... he's not here," she said in reference to Tad. "He's out with his other 'friends'," she rolled her eyes, "..Mama's not here either so we have the house to ourselves for now," her last five words sounding seductive as she softly bit her lower lip while speaking to me.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

Thank goodness.

She then smiled and grabbed my hand, leading me toward the stairs and then up them. I slightly pursed my lips and bit my bottom one, slowly licking them while gazing at the view in front of me.

It was like she was wearing those leggings on purpose just to spite my sexual desire for her.

...and it wasn't helping that she was walking in front of me slow and steadily while guiding me up the stairs to her room.

Once we finally made it there, she swung open her door and shut it after I'd walked inside behind her.

While she was in her vanity mirror fixing her hair, I kicked off my shoes, threw my hands behind my head and threw one leg over the other. With closed eyes, I smiled to myself as I got myself comfortable on her neatly made, plush bed.