"confrontation(s)" (pt. 2)

{Michael}

I gulped hard, trying my hardest to calm myself down and not pop off on her.

"What the hell did you just say to me, Alika?"

I clenched my jaw tightly, quickly finding myself towering over her menacingly.

She stood her ground, not once backing down from me as she folded her arms across my chest.

"You heard what I said, Michael," she causally blurted in a smart, yet nonchalant manner. "How come you never told me you had a twin, hm? Funny how I had to find that out through him, huh?" she sadistically snickered.

Completely disregarding her words, I went the fuck off.

"That doesn't even fucking matter, Alika," I said as I continued to tower over her in a highly intimidating manner. "I specifically told you to stay away from him, didn't I, 'Lika?"

When she didn't respond to my question, I questioned her once more, making her nearly jump out of her skin.

"Michael, you need to relax. It's not like we did anything, anyways," she blew me off by shaking her head as she rolled her eyes and walked toward her dresser.

I knew what she was doing.

She absentmindedly rummaged through it to disregard the argument we're having.

I don't know what she thinks that's going to do, but it's not helping anything.

She can't ignore me forever.

"He's not like anything you said that he was," she said as she lowered her voice. "He's sweet, caring, and was very nice to me."

I shook my head, standing my ground.

"That's all just a front," I spat, "...once you get to know him more, it'll only worsen from there."

Disregarding everything I'd just said to her, she went to walk inside of her bathroom, checking herself out in the mirror absentmindedly.

"You act like him taking me home is a bad thing, Michael," she said as she rolled her eyes, not once making eye contact with me as I followed close behind her.

I scoffed, letting out a loud, annoyed huff.

"It is a bad thing, Alika," I nearly shouted, "...don't you see what he's trying to do to you??"

She partially lifted one of her perfectly arched brows as she finally turned around to make eye contact with me.

"Michael, you seriously need to chill with that shit, baby," she said as she gently ran her hands down my chest, "...he's not going to take me away from you."

Still irritated, I yanked her hands away from my chest and pulled myself away from her.

"You're not listening to me, Alika," I stressed. "You might not see it, but he's just using you for his own gain," I explained.

All she did was roll her eyes and ignore my words.

"How the fuck is he using me for his own gain when he's been nothing but nice to me??" she questioned, throwing her hands on her waist as she cocked her right hip to the side. "He's nothing like you said he was, Michael. He was nice enough to pick me up, make sure I got home safely, and—"