Saving Connor (Sacrifices Arc) by Lightning on the Wave

Saving Connor by Lightning on the Wave

Genre: Action/Tragedy/Drama
Rating: Mature
Sacrifices Arc word count:
Book 1 - Words: 81,263
Book 2 - Words: 169,197
Book 3 - Words: 278,941
Book 4 - Words: 500,864
Book 5 - Words: 786,063
Book 6 - Words: 709,580
Book 7 - Words: 543,467

Summary:

Harry's twin Connor is the Boy Who Lived, and Harry is devoted to protecting him by making himself look ordinary. But certain people won't let Harry stay in the shadows...

Author's note:

Okay, this is the first chapter of what will be, I hope, a long and complicated retelling of Harry's youth in an alternative world. There will be events, places, and people familiar from canon, but I'm not going to follow the storyline of the books completely, or even closely in many places. (There will be characters and objects mentioned from HBP in the sixth year analogue, but probably by the time I get to Harry's sixth year you'll either have read the bookor given up on the story). I've always enjoyed stories where Harry has a sibling who supposedly saved the world, and stories where Harry's Sorted into Slytherin, but most of the time all the characters except Harry wind up as caricatures of themselves. This is my attempt at writing a Slytherin Harry who's not necessarily evil, and a Snape and Draco who may be good but not nice, and a sibling (Harry's twin brother Connor) who's his own person.

Quote:

"To keep Connor safe. To always protect him. To insure that he lives as untroubled a life as he can, until he has to face Lord Voldemort again. To be his brother and his friend and his guardian. To love him. To never compete with him, never show him up, and never let anyone else know that I'm so close to him. To be ordinary, so that he can be extraordinary."

—Harry Potter's vows in regards to his brother, Connor Potter

Art by kimpertinent
|Deviantart