Before we get too old by tracy and starlitshore

Genre: Drama
Rating: R
Word count: 11,500
Tags: Post Hogwarts EWE, Auror

Summary:

Draco has less than a year to propose to and marry his girlfriend, Astoria, if he plans on keeping the family inheritance. Harry wants Draco to be happy, which wouldn't be a problem if he didn't actually want Draco himself.

References:

1) The title is a song lyric from Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars".
2) "I wasn't informed! Why wasn't I informed?" is a line Jensen Ackles says as Priestly in Ten Inch Hero
3)"Bitch" and "Jerk" are what Dean and Sam call each other to say "I love you" in Supernatural.

Quotes:

When Harry had bought the couch in his flat, he'd taken Draco with him. It had seemed only logical at the time, since Draco spent a lot of time at his place, sleeping on the lumpy old couch Molly had given him and Ginny. Harry had wanted to insure that Draco would be comfortable when he slept over in the hopes that he would do so more often. Harry liked to watch him get ready for bed at night and wake up all rumpled in the morning.

Now he watched from the kitchen as Draco stumbled clumsily off the couch, extricating himself from the bedding he had burrowed into the night before.

"Waffles?" he called.

Draco moaned, half in pain and half in lust for food. "Ugh. Yes. Just let me go throw up first. Fuck. What on earth did you put in me last night?"

The moment the words left his lips, Draco shut his eyes in horror and Harry laughed loudly. "Well..."

"Shut up, you tosser. You know what I meant. Bloody Cannons. Would it kill them to win? Just once?"

Harry just shook his head as he drizzled syrup onto the waffles.

Art by Kiaraz
|Deviantart