I'm inside out

Stiles woke up screaming into his dark room. He felt like he could take breath. Like something heavy was on his chest and he couldn't move it. He started flailing his limbs to defend himself from an invisible enemy.

He felt someone- or something, his mind provides and he couldn't help but notice it sounded like Void- wrap an arm around him and a hand softly stroking his cheek.

He didn't notice till then that he had tears falling from his eyes and soaking the offending hand.

He tried to take in his surroundings, tried to calm his breathing.

"Your okay," a voice hissed almost lovingly into his ear, "Your safe now, Spark."

Stiles froze then, his eyes wide. His heart started to beat our of control and he jerked trying to get out of the grasp that now held him down.

"NO! LET ME GO! SOMEONE! DAD! DAD HELP ME KNOW! MALIA! WEST!  S-SCOTT! YOUR NOT HERE! I'M ALONE YOUR NOT THERE! YOU CAN'T BE HERE! PETER! PETER PLEASE!"

Stiles screams seemed to fall on deaf ears because the voice kept cooing in his ear.

He sobbed loudly and thrashed, unable to move, unable to breath.

He thought they'd banished, trapped, the Nogitsune! How was it here? Stiles was sure that the Void in his mind whispering to him throughout his days was just his own mind scaring him.

But this?

This was real.

"Stiles, oh, you are alone. Only, you alone with me."  The Nogitsune whispered in his ear.

Stiles shook his head and sobbed, ugly tears trailing down his pale cheeks. He kept crying for help,  but his words started to jumble together in a uncomprehensible garble.

"Stiles!"

Stiles ignored the voice calling to him thinking it was the Nogitsune messing with him.

He couldn't believe the Nogitsune was out. Did Kiras mom know? How would they defeat it? Last time two of their friends died and dozens of bystanders.

That couldn't happen again. Stiles refused to let it.

You should have died too.

"Stiles! Dammit, snap out of it!"

There it is again.

That voice... he knew that voice, it wasn't the Nogitsune. He felt comforted by that voice. He wanted that voice, he wanted it instead of the false comforting lullaby Void was shoving down his ear canal through lovely whispers.

"Come on kid, I'm here, I'm here for you. Don't worry."

Stiles felt his heart slowly calm and breathing even out. The tears stopped, leaving his cheeks tense and wet.

The voice was warm strong,  and everything Stiles needed.  He wanted to be wrapped in that voice and held in its comforting protection.

Void snarled in his ear and suddenly he was no longer with Void. He was still in his room, the light of early dawn shinning through his open window, a breeze coming in. His blanket was around his feet and he felt a warm body plastered to his back.