a c q u a i n t a n c e s

A/n: Hey! thank you for reading my first hamilton fanfic it really means a lot to me. be sure to check out my others stories on my account and be sure to comment, review, or vote if you'd like to.

Your Pov

"Miss (Y/n)?" I looked up from the book I was reading and saw Ruth, my maid, peering through the door.

"Yes, Ruth? What do you need?" I examined her face. Anxiety filled her eyes as they glanced across the room. She looked back and hesitantly responded.

"I'm really sorry to bother you, Miss (Y/n), but-" Ruth stopped and looked behind her, making sure no one else was in earshot of her. She leaned in and whispered, "The suitor from last night is here."

I groaned in annoyance. The suitor, Fredrick Mandeg, had no respect for personal boundaries and put his hand on my thigh, his hand slowly moving up as he leaned in for a kiss. I pushed him off and told him to leave, telling him that I was no longer interested in his presence in my household.

"Would you like me to tell him to leave?" Ruth asked. Ruth was more of a friend to me than a servant. We are the same age and have the same interests in sewing, cooking, and reading. We grew up together and played when Ruth finished her duties. However, I am more educated than Ruth. I excel in reading, writing, French, Latin, science and medicine. If there was a school that would accept ladies like myself, I would surely attend.

"Please do, Ruth. I do not wish to see him anymore from what he tried to pull last night." Ruth nodded and rushed out the door. I could hear Ruth tell Fredrick to leave, which he responded by begging to be let in. I heard him shove Ruth out of the way, her body hitting the chair by the front door. I quickly set my book down and stood up, preparing to defend Ruth and myself from possible danger. He stomped up the stairs and barged through the door.

"What do you want Fredrick?" I snarled, already clenching my fists.

"You know, it was foolish of you to reject me." He smirked. I looked him straight in the eye and glared at him.

"Please leave Fredrick. As I said before, you are not welcome here anymore." He stepped closer to me and extended his arm out towards me. I swatted him away but he grabbed my arm. I slapped him, hard, and his cheek was red in the shape of my hand. He grabbed my other arm and pulled me closer, his hands tightly around my wrists. His now red face now was inches away from mine. I could smell whiskey on his tongue. My nose crinkled at the putrid smell.

"My God Fredrick, have you been drinking?" He smirked at me and didn't respond. Instead, he leaned in closer.

But just before he could, a voice bellowed, "Get the hell away from her."

Fredrick turned to see my brother, George Eacker, standing at the doorway with a flustered face and clenched fists.

Fredrick instantly lets go of me and his eyes widened in horror as George started walking towards him and threw a punch that landed right on his left cheekbone. He stumbled back and fell from the impact, clutching his cheek and sobbing.

"Get out," George said coldly. Fredrick instantly got up and ran out of the house, sobbing as the door was shut behind him.

George turned back to me and his eyes scanned my body, looking for cuts and bruises. "Did he harm you."

"No, George. I am fine."

He let a sigh of relief. "I swear, I am gonna kill him for what he did to you." His teeth clenched in anger. I put a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.