s i n n e r s

a/n: ehh i wouldn't really consider it angst, fluff, and a little surprise for you at the end :) this is the last chapter of part two!!

"So, which gentleman were you making conversation with?" George suddenly asked, a smug look on his face.

"I beg your pardon?" I sputtered, taken back by his very straightforward question. He noticed how nervous I had gotten and chuckled.

"You know what I'm talking about. You don't think I noticed you come back with your face as red as an apple?" He raised an eyebrow, smiling. My face flustered as I thought about Georges. I didn't even notice that I was blushing when I sat back down.

"Ah, so there is someone? I am very interested in knowing who it was that made you blush." I fiddled with the jewel that hung from my ear and looked out the window of the carriage, seeing all the stars that graced the sky.

I sighed. "His name is Georges." George broke into a small grin as I began to explain.

"Georges..." George began, waiting for his surname. I rolled my eyes, already knowing his reaction.

"Georges Washington de Lafayette." George's eyes widened and he practically choked on his own breath.

"Lafayette?!" He yelled in shock. I rolled my eyes again. Besides from the Marquis being famous for the wars he fought while in America and France, he was also known for being one of the richest men in America and France.

"Did he seem to favor you as well," he asked with high hopes. He was almost like a child, almost bouncing up and down in his seat. I knew he would be this joyful about my kindled friendship with the Marquis' son. If I were to marry him, I would earn a high ranking in society, which was, in society, my only job in life.

"It seems he did," I mused, still looking out the window. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of seeing Georges' cheeks turn a slight shade of crimson.

"Are you writing to him?"

"Yes, on our way out of the theatre we exchanged addresses," I confirmed.

"Perfect." He nodded.

"George, please, I just met the man," I sighed. He gave another smug look and laughed. The rest of the ride was bumpy, but I kept zoning out, thinking of Georges: His eyes, that mesmerized me beyond belief; how his eyes held so much kindness and compassion in them.

But, in that moment, I also thought of Philip. What was he doing? How did he feel about the entire situation? What would he think of Georges?

1 week later

"Oh, you're too kind, Georges." You blushed as you were handed a daisy. You had started to grow interested in him, even when you saw just how hard he was flirting with you. He definitely did not inherit the witty charms of his father, but rather the intelligent quirks of his mother.

"My father insisted that I get one for you," he confessed as you took the gentle flower. You chuckled to yourself at the thought of the marquis trying to teach his son how to charm a lady. You looked at the daisy and studied its simple yet intricate features. You never noticed before how so many details could fit onto one small flower.

"Thank you, Georges," You said sincerely.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, reaching out to take your hand to lead you towards the carriage that awaited you. Georges had planned for a day out in the Palace of Versailles gardens for just the two of you. You were excited about the day and anxious to see what it held for you.