f r i e n d s h i p s

Philips Pov

I woke up as beams of light shone across my face. My eyes fluttered. I could hear the sound of the birds chirping outside and the sound of (Y/n)'s slow breath. I turned over to my side to see (Y/n) peacefully sleeping. I smiled, seeing how adorable she was when she slept.

I carefully got out of bed, not trying to wake her in the process. I tamed my curls into a low ponytail, wrapping it with a ribbon, and then headed downstairs.

Upon entering, I saw my mother, exasperated, and Angie with an annoyed expression.

"What?" I said to my mother who was making breakfast.

"I went to check on you guys this morning, expecting to see (Y/n) in Angie's bed. But instead I find her in yours. Care to explain?" Ma said, putting a hand on her hip.

"She only slept in my bed because there could not possibly be a way for (y/n) to sleep comfortably in Angie's bed with her because it's so small." I said, slightly flustering.

"What happened after you got home last night." Ma said with her arms crossed. I spoke fast and nervously. "(Y/n) was not in her right mind. I gave her one of Angie's night gowns to wear and then we went to sleep. That's all that happened." I did not mention the undressing part only because I was fearful of my mothers reaction. Ma is a very sweet person, but when she's in a bad mood, you do not want to make her even angrier.

"I have an idea of what you mean by 'she was not in her right mind', but I hope I'm not correct due to the fact that she is only sixteen," I hesitated for a second, but then spoke.

"She was drunk, Ma."

My mothers face automatically held concern. But then, it held anger.

"Philip. Did you take advantage of (Y/n) last night? I swear to God if you did I'm-"

"No! No, Ma I didn't, I promise. I would never do such a thing."

Ma looked me up and down. "You better not have."

"I didn't Ma."

"Okay, I believe you." Ma then snickered for whatever reason that I have no knowledge about .

"How much did she drink last night?" Ma said with concern on her face again.

"She said she only drank three glasses of wine but God only knows how many she actually drank. I would hate for her to go home in such a state so I was wondering if she could sleep in and stay awhile until she fully recovers...?" Ma only smiled at my request.

"Of course, though, what about her family? They must be worried sick about her."

"Maybe I could stop by her house to tell of her condition?"

"Do you have her address?"

"Yes I do."

"Okay well that would work out. Take this water up to her and check to see if she's awake." Ma handed me a glass of water. I took it and walked back up the stairs.

I walked into my room and saw (Y/n) yawning. She immediately put her hands on her head and groaned. I chuckled to myself.

"Philip? What are you doing in my room." (Y/n) asked with hazed a voice. She obviously doesn't remember last night. I thought.