e n a m o r s

It has been two weeks since I met the entire Hamilton family. And tonight, I was going to see them again at the Spring Ball.

For my dress, I chose a white ruffled dress with a light blue floral pattern on top.

It was the perfect dress for a sixteen year old. Not childish yet not too mature. I loved it.

I lightly applied some rouge to the apples of my (y/s/c) cheeks and to my (y/l/c) lips.

I put my hair up into a fancy bun, tightly pulling back my (y/h/c) hair, only allowing some to fall at the sides to frame my face.

"You look beautiful." I turned around suddenly, surprised by the new presence in the room. George was standing under the doorway.

"Thank you, George." I said bowing my head slightly.

"You do remember the dance lessons that you got when you were younger, right?" George said chuckling. When we were little, our parents insisted on teaching us to dance, specifically for events like this.

"Oh not at all. You know I have two left feet, George. I doubt anyone will want to ask me to dance anyway." I sighed.

"Nonsense, (y/n). Every boy will asking you to dance."

"If you say so," I said while sighing again.

George walked out. I made the finishing touches on my hair,face, and dress and then put on my favorite cloak that went perfectly with my dress. I crossed the hall and stepped into Georges room.

"George, I'm going over to Theodosias for dinner before the ball. If want to get there in time, I need to leave now. I'll see you tonight when I get home which might be a little later than usual."

That was a lie. I was actually going to Angie's house. Angie asked me when I met her family and stayed for lunch two weeks ago. But knowing how George feels about the Hamiltons, I thought it would be best if I didn't tell I him if I ever wanted to make it out the house tonight.

George didn't even look up from his desk. "Okay have fun."

I frowned a little, knowing that it was no use in trying to get his undivided attention when he was so preoccupied with his work. I left his room and exited the house, hopping in to carriage that was waiting.

The ride was bumpy, yet I enjoyed every single bit of it. My excitement grew as I grew closer to the Hamilton household.

As the carriage rolled up to the large estate, I was greeted by Angie being her usual pert self. I just stepped off the last step when Angie ran up and embraced me in a hug.

"(Y/n)! You look beautiful." She said, gasping at my dress. I laughed and we both pulled away.

"As do you, Angie!" Angie blushed. She took my hand and led me inside their home, which was overwhelming as always.

"Hello (Y/n)!" I was first greeted my William as I entered.

"Why hello, William." I said nodding my head slightly. I crossed across the living room and up the stairs heading towards the library.

"(Y/n), I'll be in my room getting ready." I heard Angie exclaim as I entered the large room.

As I scanned the shelves, looking for the perfect book, I could hear sniffling from the other side of one book shelf.

I creeped over to the shelf, careful not to scare the person. I looked over to find Mr. Hamilton, sitting, silently sniffling to himself. I gasped, which slightly startled him, for I wasn't expecting to find him here, crying.