s k i e s

Your POV

The pain I experienced from my ankle was like no other pain I had ever felt in my entire life.

As the doctor wrapped up my ankle in a piece of cloth, pain seared through my leg and all throughout my body. I whimpered in discomfort. Fortunately, I hadn't injured my ankle to the point of a break.

When I looked over at Philip, all I could see was guilt. Pure guilt. I gave a cold stare, which only made him look down at his feet.

The doctor said that I was to remain in bed and off my foot for two weeks luckily, so George wouldn't find out. Eliza insisted that I stay in their residence for the two weeks since Philip was the person who cost me my mobility for that period of time.

The first week in my bedridden state was not entertaining. For the most of the day, I lay in discomfort as my injury healed.

All throughout that week, I was visited by Hamilton kids, who frequently asked me to play with them. Which, earned them a small reprimand from Eliza, who told them not to disrupt me and instead, let rest me rest like I should. But the one person who visited me the most was Philip. Throughout the entire week, he would visit me, asking me for my forgiveness. It was quite funny the first few times.

That same week, I realized that I still had mail waiting for me at home that I had forgotten to open. So, I asked Philip to retrieve my mail as a result of my state.

"Sure," He said, shrugging his shoulders.

I handed him a slip of paper with my address on it and key to my house and told him not to look through my mail.

"What! I would never," he said dramatically. I laughed, rolling my eyes.

He left after saying his goodbyes. I finally found the chance to rest until that chance that soon cut off when William waddled over to me.

✿ 

Philips POV

I strode down the sidewalk confidently. I didn't distract myself with the sites and people around me and carried on with my mission.

I looked at the address on the slip of paper and then looked at the house in front of me. (Y/n)'s estate was roughly the size of mine. It was well taken care of from the outside, but the inside would be an entirely different story. I flipped the key through my fingers, twiddling with it. I walked up the pathway that led to the porch. When I got to the door, I slipped the key into the keyhole, turning it until I heard a loud click. The door opened up smoothly, making little sound.

When I entered, I was a bit surprised to see a girl, most likely around my age, with ebony skin, cross-stitching. I froze, but without looking up, she spoke.

"It's 'bout time you came home," she said. I couldn't respond, and instead just looked at her.

"How was your time with Ph-" she said as she looked up in my direction, stopping mid-sentence when she saw that I wasn't (Y/n).