Forgive Me Lord

I have been jealous of my brother and sister

Forgive me Lord

I have planned evil against brother and sister

Forgive me Lord

I have gone in my own will today

Forgive me Lord

For I have sinned greatly

Forgive me Lord, please forgive me

Reflections:

Here is another poem I wrote when I was about 14 years old. I had just had one of those days when I took some time out to think. It is very easy for us to point fingers at others and to notice their wrong doings and it is harder for us to cross examine ourselves to find out what our shortcomings are. The Bible says in 1 John 1:8 that if any of us claim to be have no sin, then we are fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. God's love for us will never fail despite our sins but by making ourselves right with Him, we are accepting this love.

That is why in John chapter 8, when the crowd gathered to stone the woman who had been caught in adultery, Jesus asked those who know they had never sinned to cast the first stone and they all put down their stones and left. The only man who has ever walked the face of the earth blameless and sinless is Jesus Christ and if He does not condemn you or others then why do it? Our Heavenly Father corrects us in love but He never condemns us and we shouldn't condemn others- neither should we condemn ourselves.

After the woman's accusers had left, Jesus asked the woman who had committed adultery "Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you?"

"No Lord," she said

And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more."

(John 8:10-11)

So have you cross examined yourself?

Have you made yourself right with God?

Have you forgiven others just as our Heavenly Father has forgiven you?

He loves us so much that even when we fail Him, He never leaves and His love for us stays the same and will stay the same for eternity.