Prologue

There is a world full of magic, one that is hellish and deleterious. Tenshi are evil, Akuma are holy, and the Ningen are the peace keepers. The Tenshi and Akuma have been on the verge of war for over three centuries, however; if the Tenshi and Akuma were to go into a full scale war, not only would the factions be destroyed, but the planet as well.

Among the Akuma there are groups who call themselves Tenshi slayers. A particular group of Tenshi slayers, small group of six; three men and three women -Rin Himura, Kaida Chiyo and Yukikyo Saito. Fumio Yamamoto, Katsu Yoshida, and Daichi Gushiken- are from the noble Akuma families, and are the descendants of the great founders of this world.

In this world is a large independant island, Maruibashi. For centuries Maruibashi has lived based of the founding traditions. Every three decades, the eldest princess of the royal family who rules over the land -the Harui family- will be forced to marry an Akuma. Anyone to disregard this tradition is banished, or sentenced to death. This agreement between the founding Akuma and the Ningens is what keeps the peace, but it's also what makes the Tenshi furious.

Seven hundred and thirteen years ago, a wizard, Kiyoshi, opened the gate to what was believed to be hell. What was awaiting him was different from all of the legends that we heard.