Chapter 1; Rin's P.O.V.

Hell. Heaven. The Book of Eternity. All lies. Everything we grew up believing are all just crappy rumors, fabricated lies to make us quake in fear under the Tenshi. History class, teaching us all the wrongs of the world before the Kiyoshi Period.

"Uhm, Rin!" a voice says annoyed. Why do we care about something that happened over seven hundred years ago? Why do we care about a stupid war that went on before we were even thought of? Everything is so wrong. Historians know nothing, they weren't involved in the war. Nor are they part of the main family.

"Rin!!" it says again

"Yes, Sir?" I say bolting up out of my chair, startled.

"We are in the middle of class! Stop dozing off and read this section!"

"Yes, sir!" I say happily, I love to read. I love history. But I hate the way they falsify everything in these stupid textbooks. I tap the screen of my desk and the page of the textbook is projected on the wall in front of me, mind you I sit in the first row.

I clear my throat,

"Chapter one, section three, Maruibashi. 4300, the beginning of the 14 year long war. In order to understand the causes of this war, this passage is to explain the history of what had happened, how Maruibashi was founded and why this is known as the Kiyoshi Period.

In 4203, Kiyoshi, a man whose full name is unknown, was practicing black magic. Amongst the humans of that time not many people practiced magic. Most people who did practice it, practiced white magic, and in their home. Kiyoshi was a very powerful mage, or as others called him, wizard. Kiyoshi liked to practice his magic in the woods."

"Thank you Rin, now sit down. Who would like to read the next section? How about you Meg?" the professor says as I sit down. For once, I would love to be able to stand in the front of this class room and teach history the way that Grandma Akemi taught me.

My name is Rin Himura. I'm the eldest daughter of the Himura family. And this is the true history of Chikyu:

Approximately seven hundred and thirteen years ago the demonic Akuma and the holy Tenshi were fighting over territory. This territory has come to be called Maruibashi. In the midst of this war, the Ningen were frantically finding a solution to this planet shattering war. One man thought of an Idea. Magic, but not just any magic. Black magic. This man, who went by the name Kiyoshi, honed his black magic skills in a nearby forest only a few yards from his house.

One day, after 13 years of war (4313), and years of practice, Kiyoshi found the solution. This solution may turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to this planet, or it may end up being catastrophic, and the start of the apocalypse that the Priests have been warning them for years about. In the forest he had practiced in, he had summoned the Akuma Empress, Ryo. This mighty Empress was far more powerful than he could have ever begun to imagine. The Empress was a merciless Dragon.

Kiyoshi and the Empress came to a final agreement. As Kiyoshi casts the spell he had been working hard on, Ryo would take to the sky and protect him. This spell was the most powerful spell that any mage had fabricated during this time, it was a spell to open a portal to a new dimension. Little did Kiyoshi know, that when he finished casting this spell, his world, and the one he conjured, joined into one.

Three months after this war, many people had begun to notice the strange things that had been happening. Every week, a group of young adults would go missing, and then found strung up by the necks, hanging from where the bell usually sat in the tower of the churches. This confused all of the people, the only faction other than the Ningen allowed on the property... Were the Tenshi.

Mages went up to the tower to investigate what had happened. Only to find that the Ningen's that have been hung, were missing all of their internal organs, and their eyes. But this was something that even the Akuma wouldnt be able to stomach, the Akuma never bothered the 'low-life' Ningens.

A while after the first few incidents at the churches had passed, someone had witnessed a young man being strung up and gutted in an old, abandoned storage building. This caused panic, and fear to overcome the Ningen. Were the Akuma really that hungry? Was it even the Akuma that was doing this?

One day, years after the end of the war, after the portal had diminished, and after many, many young adults disappeared, Takeshi Haruhi had summoned forth the valiant Empress Ryo. It was here that the traditions were set. It was here, that the Akuma and the Ningen became peaceful towards one another. But it was also here, that infuriated the Tenshi.

The Tenshi had merged with the other dimension, causing them to become the opposite of what they were, it was the same way with the Akuma.