Chapter 2; Katsu's P.O.V.

Fiends. That's what they are. Them and their bad habits of killing off Ningen. I don't and will never understand how the Tenshi can eat them. Ningen are like pets, more like kitties. I like cats, they're the only animals in this crude world that shows true affection.

As I'm sitting there day-dreaming of the calico kitten waiting for me at home, I suddenly feel a whack on the back of the head. "Ow! What the hell?!" I say as I look around for the delinquent who just hit me.

"Yo! Katsu, you're awfully distracted today." said the most rugged girl in our class, Rin.

"Yeah, what of it?" I snap at her.

"Riin, stop picking on poor Katsu!" said a sweet voice behind me. I turn around to see the innocent Kaida.

"Poor? Kaida, do you pity Katsu? Or perhaps is the huge crush you have on him?" Rin grins wickedly.

Kaida's face turns bright red "NO IT IS NOT YOU IDIOT!" she yells and throws the nearest object at Rin. I quickly get in front on Rin and go to snatch the book from the air, but before I can the direction of the book changes and it smashes through the window in the classroom to our left.

"Katsu, I've told you not to jump in front of me. One of these days you're going to jump in front of a Tenshi and you will lose." Rin says in a monotonous voice.

"Wow, thanks for the vote in confidence Rin." I say sarcastically., rolliing my eyes. Then all of a sudden the door slammed open, and a small figure erupted from the doorway.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

"Y'all still here? Though ya woulda left by now." says a deep voice.

"FUMIO! FIGHT ME!" we hear from down the hall, with loud footsteps following.

"Will that kid ever leave me alone!" The small figure, Fumio, says annoyed, munching on pocky. Next thing I knew a tall boy came crashing into the room.

"FUMI-!" the boy starts to yell but before he can finish, Rin has her long thin Tenshiken against his throat.

"Daichi, you know the rules. No spats in the building. Now do twenty laps around the school." she growls.

Daichi hangs his head and says, "Okay, okay. You win this time Rin." then he pouts.

"Go do the laps! I'm not letting you off easily this time! You will learn that this building strikes Akuma's who misbehave." Rin snaps, oh boy. Now she's irritated. This is the moment where I interject. I walk up to Rin, and put my arm round her shoulders, "Now, now. This is not the time to be punishing him, and Rin you know your Tenshi slaying katana doesn't harm us Akuma half breeds. But what we need to be doing right now is practicing. The Holy war is near." I say looking out the window and up into the sky.

Daichi's face drops from a big goofy grin, to pursed lips. He walks over and sniffs the air, "There's a storm coming."