Painful Truth

Jim woke up the next morning when Mr. Snuff made a fart noise right in Jim's face from the hammock above Jim's. He rolled out of his hammock unto the floor. Jim groggily slipped on one of his boots. He reached for the other one to watch it hop away and hide a way behind a cargo trunk. "Morph," Jim wondered and then sighed. He went over to the trunk as he tucked in the back of his shirt. Morph hopped away from him. "Morph, knock it off. It's too early for this." Morph kicked him in the ass. "Ow! Hey Morph!" Morph blew raspberries at him then morphed back and picked up the real boot. "Hey come back here!" Jim smiled as he chased Morph.

"Come back here!" Morph repeated and flew up the stairs to the deck.

Jim jumped and grabbed hold of the boot, "Gotcha!" Morph formed into a blow fish and spit water in Jim's face. "That's it you little squid!" Jim smiled and tried to grab Morph. Morph ducked under the screen ceiling of the galley.

"You little squid," Morph repeated as he formed into the likeness of Jim's head and kept getting smaller and multiplied as Jim tried to get him with his salvaged boot. Suddenly Morph stopped.

Jim went down the stairs to the galley while slipping on his boot at the same time. He didn't see Morph anywhere then his eyes fell on the large barrel of purps. Jim peeped into to see one purp creak open an eye and close it really quick when it saw Jim. "Ha! Busted," Jim smiled and jumped in. Morph morphed back and tried to get away giggling. Jim caught him and started tickling him. Jim covered up Morph with a hand to silence him when he heard talking fill the galley. Jim peered through the slit on the side of the barrel.

"We're sick of all this waiting," The female alien said.

"There's only three of them left," The huge alien told whoever he was talking to.

"We are wanting to move," A fat alien told the person.

"We don't move until we got the treasure in hand," Silver's bionic arm appeared. Jim gasped inwardly.

"I say we kill them all now," Scroop said.

"I say what's to say!" Silver grabbed Scroop by his face. Scroop tried to pull away. Silver lifted him up by his neck, "Disobey my orders again like that stunt you pulled with Mr. Arrow and so help me, you'll be joining him!" Silver threw him into the purp barrel.

"Strong talk," Scroop stood up. He reached into the purp barrel, "But I know otherwise." Jim put a purp into Scroop's claw.

"You got something to say Scroop?" Silver asked.

"It's that boy," Scroop lifted his arm out of the barrel. "Methinks you've got a soft spot for him."

"Yeah," The others agreed.

"Now mark me, the lot of ya!" Silver snapped. "I care about one thing and one thing only, Flint's trove. You think I would risk it all for the sake of some nose-wiping little whelp?"

Jim felt his heart shatter when he heard those words. "What was it now?" Scroop asked. "Oh you got the makings of greatness in ya," He mocked Silver.

"Shut your yap," Silver barked. "I cozied up to that kid to keep him off our scent, but I ain't gone soft."

"Land ho!" The lookout shouted. The crew members ran up to the deck.

Jim let go of Morph, who flew away. Jim felt his heart bruise throb and whimpered. He climbed out of the barrel. He then snapped to attention and ran up the stairs to come to a halt when he saw Silver at the top. "Jimbo," Silver said. Jim backed up down the stairs as Silver walked towards him, "Playing games are we?"

"Yeah, yeah, we're playing games," Jim backed up against one of the tables. He glared at Silver.

"Oh I see," Silver rubbed his chin. "I was never really much good at games, always hated to lose."