Blood

They came up from underneath a dome-like hatch from the machinery in the planet. "SO WHAT'S THE PLAN," B.E.N. popped up beside Jim.

"Shh! B.E.N., quiet," Jim and Leila covered B.E.N.'s mouth. They looked at the sleeping pirates, none of them woke up.

"Okay, here it is," Jim whispered. "We sneak back to the Legacy. Disable the Laser Cannons. Bring back the map."

"You do realize that I'm only in training, right?" Leila whispered in his ear.

"We'll figure it out," Jim told her.

"This a good plan. I like this plan," B.E.N. said muffled, "The only think I'm wondering, how are we gonna get there?"

"On that," Jim pointed to the longboat the pirates took.

"Ooh," Morph cooed.

###########

They pulled the longboat to the ship and peeped over the rail to see if the deck was occupied, it was lifeless. They jumped over the rail. "Aah," B.E.N. yelped when he fell.

"B.E.N." Leila whispered, "Be quiet."

"Sorry, sorry, sorry," B.E.N. smiled sheepishly. Jim rolled his eyes. The walked down below deck. "Leila, you stay here with B.E.N. I'll get the map," Jim whispered.

"Roger Jimmy, I'll neutralize laser cannons, sir!" B.E.N. saluted.

"B.E.N, B.E.N.," Jim tried to stop him but B.E.N. rolled away on his knees that acted as wheels.Jim sighed.

"You want me to go after him?" Leila asked Jim.

"No, just stay here," Jim answered. He kissed her. "I'll be right back."

"Ok," Leila sat down. Jim ran off with Morph following him.

##########

"Disable a few laser cannons, what's the big deal," B.E.N. asked aloud. "All we gotta do is, find that one little wire," B.E.N. opened the Wire Box. He gasped with his eyes wide, "Oh Mama." There were hundreds of different-colored-unlabeled-wires.

##########

Leila's attention snapped to a figure coming up behind her. She slowly stood up and drew her sword.

##########

Jim looked into the pile of rope and found the real map and sighed with relief, "Yes." Suddenly a loud alarm started blaring.

Jim took off running to where Leila was, "That stupid robot's gonna get us all killed..." He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Leila standing over a dead Scroop. There was blood dripping from Leila's sword. Leila stood with her back to Jim.

"L-Leila," Jim went up to her slowly. He froze when Leila turned around to face him. She was drenched in Scroop's blood and the Dragon's Eye was awake. Leila had murdered the pirate. There was a look in Leila's good eye that made Jim shudder. A look so frigid and murderous that Jim felt his blood run cold. Morph whimpered and hid in Jim's pants-pocket.

Suddenly that look in the girl's eye vanished, "It's ok, Jim. I'm all right." She wiped off the blood from her sword on her already blood-covered shirt.

"You killed him," Jim said.

"It was either kill him or let him kill me," Leila shrugged as if it were no big deal that she had just killed someone.

To Be Continued...