In His Eyes

A/N
This is based on a writing prompt found on Pinterest!

Jughead made his way up the stairs of Betty's house to pick her up for the school dance. He stopped in front of her door and fixed his tuxedo and his watch. He took his beanie off and messed around with his dark locks, trying to make them look as nice as possible, even though they were going to be under his beanie. He took a deep breath and took one step closer to the door, placing his hand on the door knob.

His stomach filled with little tiny butterflies. He didn't want to mess this up. This was his first school dance with a date, let alone with someone a gorgeous as Elizabeth Cooper. You can do this Jug. She likes you too. We've established this.

Jughead turned the doorknob and opened Betty's door, "Hey Bets, are you ready-" Just then he realized Betty singing quite loudly into her phone. Her earbuds bounced around as she did, dancing and singing Shake it Off by Taylor Swift. Jughead giggled and leaned up against the wall. She was turned the other was and had her eyes closed, so she had yet to see her date watching her one woman show.

Jughead stood back and watched as Betty jumped around in circles, shaking her blonde hair, and kicking her legs in time with Taylor Swift. She is so perfect, He thought to himself, so innocent and adorable. Jughead smiled and stared at the beauty in front of him. He never wanted this moment to end. But it did.

Just at the bridge, Betty turned around and opened her eyes, screaming and falling over when she saw Jughead.
"Juggy! You scared me!"
Jughead laughed and ran over to help Betty up, "Sorry, I was just admiring your amazing singing and graceful dance moves." Betty's face turned as red as Cheryl's hair, "How much did you see?"
Juggy shrugged, "Almost the whole song."

Betty put her hands on her face and sat down on her bed, "Oooh! That's so embarrassing! I'm such a bad dancer and singer, that's why I only do it when I'm alone. Which I thought I was."
"Hey," Jughead comforted her. He walked over and sat next to her on the bed, putting his hand on her face and running his thumb over her cheek, "In my eyes, anything you do is perfect."

She smiled and put her hand on his. Then he kissed her.
When he pulled away, she smiled again.
Jughead grinned back, "What is it?"
They both stood up and Betty put her hand in his and her head on his shoulder as they walked out.
"Just wondering how I got so lucky with someone like you."
"Trust me," Jughead chuckled, "I've been asking myself the same question for quite a while now."