Five Years Part 2: Betty's POV

A/N
AT LONG LAST IT'S HERE!!  Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but now that I'm back from spring break and exam week is over I should be able to update more, and maybe even start an actual Bughead fanfiction???  Thank you guys so much for 2k reads that's amazing I love you all!

Betty dipped the clear plastic ladle into the large bowl of red cherry punch and poured it into her plastic cup. The red liquid danced on her tastebuds, flooding back memories from her high school days. It tasted exactly the same as it did at the school dances, and graduation.

Betty slightly smiled at the delicious, nostalgic drink in her hand.  She wondered where her friends were, because she hadn't seen them since she got to the reunion.

She looked up to see the one and only Jughead Jones in a tuxedo and his legendary beanie walking towards her.  A grin stretched out across her pale cheeks, "Oh my gosh, Juggie!  It's been so long!"

She pulled him into a hug and asked, "How have you been?"
"Good," he squeezed her tighter, and Betty could hear the smile in his voice, "I'm a published author now!"
Betty pulled away and looked him in the eye, "I know! I have three copies of your first novel, and two of your second."

Jughead laughed and glanced down at his feet for a moment, "Really?"
"Of course!  I wouldn't miss them for the world!"

The two just smiled at each other, and the awkward silence grew for a few moments.
"I mean," Betty began, "I have a few copies of Archie's album as well. It's not just you-"
Jughead put his hand up, "No, I got it."

The awkward silence returned.  Betty guessed being apart for five years after a harsh break up with no contact whatsoever kind of put a toll on your friendship with someone.

"So, how have you been? What have you been up to?" Jughead asked this time.
"Nothing much.  Going to class, hanging around campus."
"You're still in school?"
"Oh yeah! I'm going to school to be a Kindergarten teacher!"

Betty had completely forgotten Jughead didn't know anything she had done in the past five years.
Jughead smiled, "That sounds like a suiting job for you."
Betty smiled back, "Thank you, Juggie."

Then the music started.  Just like old times five years ago.  Josie and the Pussycats were now up on stage. 
"Long time no see!" Josie said into the microphone.
Everyone cheered.

"Let's start this night just like the dancing and romance never stopped with a little slow dance!"

The band began to play "All Through the Night".  Last time she danced to this song, Betty was with Archie her sophomore year.

Jughead held out his hand, "May I have this dance?"
Betty took his hand and smiled, "You may."

They made their way to the dance floor and Betty put her arms around Jughead's neck as he put his arms around her waist.  They danced the entirety of that song, talking about how the last five years have gone for the both of them.  The good and the bad.

As that song ending, the two of them headed to the punch bowl for some more refreshments.  On their way there, however, someone bumped into Jughead, causing him to drop some folded up pieces of paper from his pocket.
"What's this?" Betty questioned, moving toward the papers.

"Nothing," Jughead said quickly. He leaned down to pick the papers back up but Betty beat him to them.

She glanced up at him and gave him a small smile, but that smile faded away when she opened the papers and saw they were letters, addressed to her.  She saw Jughead's face turn bright read as she sat down on a chair near by and read them carefully.  They were sweet.  Just little updates on life, almost as if he had meant to send them but never got around to it.  "Juggie, I-" she began.
He cut her off, "I know, they are pretty lame.  I was going to wait and give those to you before you left but-"
"Juggie," she chuckled, standing up and putting a hand on his chest, "they're beautiful."

Jughead gulped and looked down at the pale skinny hand against his shirt, "So, do you want to maybe go out to dinner sometime?  Give this thing another shot?"
Betty smiled up at the boy in the beanie, "I'd love to."