Gone (angst)

WARNINGS: VIOLENCE!

It had been one month. One full month since Betty Cooper, the girl next door, has gone missing. They looked everywhere. She was no where to be found. One day she just never showed up to school, and the rest was history. It had been one month. For Jughead, however, it seemed an eternity.

He wouldn't get any sleep days at a time. Some days he would be researching. Trying to ring any clues at all. Other days, he would be looking for her. Yet there was nothing. No clue, no evidence, no sign of her. Just. Silence.

Oh how he missed her blonde ponytail. He missed her smile, her laugh, her voice. He missed her. He didn't even know if she was alive. But he had to believe that she was. Jughead could not accept the fact that Betty Cooper could possibly be dead.

He blamed himself. The day before she went missing he broke off their relationship. He said it would protect her. At first he thought maybe she ran away, but that definitely couldn't be the case. She would have said something. To somebody.

Jughead was sitting in his trailer, just thinking—He had done a lot of that lately—when his phone suddenly rang. The caller ID says "Unknown", but he answered anyway.

"Juggie?" A frail voice came over the other line.
The sound of her voice made his heart skip a beat.
"Betty is that— Betty is that you?" He stuttered.
Betty choked down a sob, "Yeah. Yeah it is me Jug."

"Where are you? Are you ok? Were you kidnapped? What happened?" He inquired, shooting up from his previous sitting position.
"Listen, Jug," she said between sobs, "Whatever he tells you to do, don't do it. It's a trap. Don't trust him. Don't come for me."
"Who, Betty?"
"The black hoo—"

Betty's voice became muffled as if someone put their hand over it, blocking her from continuing. Betty's distressed voice was replaced with a very deep calm one.
"Jughead. How have you been?" The deep voice taunted.
"What have you done to her?!" Jughead growled.
The black hood let out a menacing laugh.
"Nothing. Yet. You see she's been here a whole month. We have been waiting for you. But it seems you all were too dumb to even think about checking Greendale."

Jughead could here Betty sobbing in the background with cries here and there saying things like, "Juggie don't do it. I'm not worth it. Leave me here. Please."

His heart broke into a million pieces.
"Where is she? What do you want me to do?" He said, his eyes swelling with tears.
"There is an abandoned warehouse on the corner of Barn Street in Greendale. You have two hours."
"Or what?"
The menacing laugh returned, "Do you really want to find out?"
As soon as the call was ended, Jughead grabbed his shotgun and jumped on his motorcycle, still in his white undershirt.

The warehouse was larger than he expected, and was definitely abandoned. The walls were falling apart, and there were plants growing over the outside of the building. He ran through the tall grass and burst through the doors. Betty's frail body was laying in the middle of the room in fetal position, still shaking in sobs.

He ran over to her and knelt down next to her. Her hands were bound together with a rope, and there were rope burns on her wrist from it being too tight. Her face was shiny with tears and her eyes were puffy. She looked up a Jughead with a mixture of relief and disappointment. She knew what was coming.

Jughead took the glass coke bottle next to Betty and smashed it on the ground. He took one of the shards of glass and cut the rope that tied her hands together. She looked at her hands for a second, then jumped on him, embracing him.

"I told you not to come," she whispered.

Before he could say anything, there was an echo of clapping coming up behind them. The black hood.
"How cute. Reunited once again."
Jughead stood up slowly, pulling his gun out of his pocket.
"You came armed!" The black hood exclaimed, "Exactly what I was hoping."
"What do you want?" Jughead's voice cracked.
"Shoot yourself."

Jughead was flabbergasted.
"What?" He asked.
"You heard me. Either kill yourself, or the girl dies."
Jughead stepped back as the black hood stepped between him and Betty.
"Why don't you just kill me yourself?" He said.
The black hood threw his head back in laughter, "That wouldn't be much fun, now would it? I've done that so many times."

Jughead didn't have to think about it for very long until he decided Betty's life was much more significant to his. He put the gun to the side of his head, and placed his hand on the trigger. Just as he was about to shoot, Betty stabbed the black hood with the glass shard used to cut her ropes earlier.

The hood turned around and looked at the girl, who once again, had tears in her eyes. For a second, Betty was proud of herself. She had stood up to the black hood.

Then, he took the shard out of his back quickly, and stabbed her right back.

The black hood fell to the floor, and shock filled Betty's face as she stumbled back, grasping her side. Jughead ran to her and caught her on the ground just as she fell. She was gasping for air. Jughead squeezed her hand, and they looked each other in the eyes.

"No, no, no, no, don't leave me. You're going to be fine. It's ok," Jughead said between choked sobs.
Her hand reached up and stroked his face.
"I love you, Jughead Jones."
He leaned into her hand, "I love you, too."

Jughead leaned down and gave Betty a kiss. When he pulled away, he noticed a final tear fall down her face. Her eyes stayed closed. Her breathing stopped.

"No, no, no. Betty wake up. Betty, I love you don't leave me. Wake up, Betty. Come on! Wake up!"

But it was no use. Betty Cooper was gone.

A/N: How was that for some angst am I right??? How did you guys like it? Should I do more angst? Let me know!