Caught

Requested by bugheadthefirst

"B, this is getting sad," Veronica sighed.  Betty crunched on a potato chip, "What is?"
"How 'Nicholas Sparks' you're acting and you won't tell any of us what's going on."
"I don't know what you're talking about."

Veronica rolled her eyes, "No don't start with that crap, you know exactly what I'm talking about"
Veronica gasped, "Oh my God is it Trev? Did you go out on another date with him and not tell me? Are you guys a thing now?"
"No, Veronica," Betty put her hands up to stop her friend.
"Then what is it that seems to make you so happy all of a sudden?"

Betty glanced up at Jughead, who sat right beside her.  He gave her a stern look as if to say, "Not yet." And Betty knew what she had to do.

"Nothing, it's just me and Juggie have made quite the improvement on our Jason Blossom case for the Blue and Gold," she said with a smile.  Which, that wasn't completely a lie, it just, wasn't completely the truth either.
"Have you?" Archie added, "Last time I heard the car full of evidence was set on fire."
Betty shrugged, "It was but-"
"Whatever," Veronica said throwing her legs over the bench and standing up, "I don't believe that cover up for a second, but whatever it is that's making you happy, B, I hope it stays around for a long time."

Betty looked back at Jughead, who made eye contact with her almost immediately.
"Yeah," she said, "Me too."

«~»

Jughead ran up behind Betty in the hall, "Hey Betts."
She turned around, smiling at her unannounced boyfriend, "Hey Juggie!"
Betty reached out a hand for Jughead to hold, but he turned it away.
"Betts you know we can't," he whispered.  Betty sighed and turned to face him, "Why?  They are our friends, what's the worse that's going to happen?"
"There's just...so much going on.  I don't know how they would take it."

"Veronica wouldn't mind, and it's clear that Archie never liked me that way, and Kevin would totally be down for it," Betty crossed her arms, "It seems to me, that you're the only one opposed to it, Juggie."
Jughead started to put his hand on her arm out if instinct, but pulled his arm back, "No, that's not what I'm saying at all-"

He was cut off by the sharp bell warning the students to get to class.  "We'll finish this discussion after school, ok?" Betty said.  She wanted to give him a peck on the cheek or at least a hug or something before class, but then their secret would be exposed. 

«~»

"I still don't understand why we can't tell them," Betty protested to her boyfriend as they walked through the school parking lot.
"I don't understand why you want them to know so bad."
"Because, Jughead," Betty stopped in her tracks, "I want to hold your hand in the halls and during lunch, or give you a kiss or a hug before class.  And we can't do that if no one knows we are dating!"

"I know, I wanna do that stuff too."
"Then what are you so afraid of?"
"I'm not afraid of anything!"
"Then kiss me!"

Next thing they knew their faces were connected through passion? Anger? They weren't really sure.
Jughead's arms wrapped around Betty's waist and Betty took off his beanie, allowing her to run her hands through his dark locks.

"Oh my God," a familiar voice came from behind them: Kevin.  The two pulled away from each other and looked at who was standing there.  Archie, Veronica, and Kevin, all with their jaws dropped to the floor.
Betty studied their faces carefully.  Most of it was shock, but Betty could have sworn she saw a tinge of jealousy in Archie's eye. 
Veronica burst into a big smile and gave Betty a bear hug, "I knew something was up! I'm so happy for you, B!"
Archie walked over and gave Jughead a pat on the shoulder, "Good choice."
Kevin gave Betty a hug as well and said, "Well I personally ship it like Fed-Ex."

They all laughed and Betty linked her arm in Jughead's and looked up at him with a big smile on her face.
"See," she said, "I told you so."

A/N
Hey guys! How would you guys like a Bughead fan fiction that was a full book based on the same plot? Would you guys read it? Of course I would still be doing one shots when I could!  Please comment!