CHAPTER 1: A SIN

The verisimilitude of the sins that a sinner commits is only too discernible in the air.

The gory semblances in the atmosphere had hit him like a thunderbolt as he had heard her say those lines, her confession, the one that somehow didn't make any sense, but the ostensible essence of it in her demeanor corroborated whatever she said, whatever she claimed.

He remained completely oblivious to why he had even picked her up and placed her inside his car after she had confessed to have committed a sin, a sin as grave as someone's murder and became dizzy soon after, fainting then and there in his arms.

What if she had some concussion or something?

He didn't want to invite another trouble in his already troubled arena of life, if he had indeed hurt her when he almost hit her by his speeding Mercedes..There could always be two sides to a coin but he knew whatever it was, this girl was still a sinner, and for him, there existed no zone where he could condone such a crime, such a heinous act.

Then why did he even care to place her inside his car and drove away from the secluded field under an exceptionally cold night sky?

Wasn't helping the sinner a pure deed of blasphemy?

He was driving like a maniac, but remained careful not to further his already damaged day, wherein he was still sulking over a separation, Kaira's face still constantly flashing in front of his eyes, and now he had this new epitome of problem to deal with.

Khushi Mehra. Who by the way, was a sinner without redemption..His drunken state wasn't helping either.

So much trouble in one single day, and they say our platter can't really have everything bad at once.

His day today was completely defying the theory.

A part of him was constantly reminding him that maybe this girl was wronged and hence, pushed to commit such a sin, while another part of him was constantly chiding him for even considering taking her to his place. It was telling him to be extremely cautious.And so he was, as he drove away and in no time, thanks to the unbeatable speed he was driving with today, reached his countryside mansion...

He had taken her unconscious form to the guest room as he reached upstairs in a hurried speed carrying her, his own balance not really co-operating with the situation as he had garbed himself with those tequila shots.

He couldn't fathom at all now that whatever he was doing currently, how much of his conscious mind had a contribution to it? 

For the bizarre tinges of a hangover were certainly dominating him like never before.

.After placing her carefully on the bed he had one more look at her blood-stained dress and all he could do was feel nauseous.

'She murdered someone.'