Chapter 6: A Secret

The nocturnal essence

The heartbreaking reminiscence

When two worlds collide,

And give rise to a new menace.

When everything fails,

Yet the heart beats.

For that one soul,

Who is the only answer to all your needs.

He didn't feel this kind of desperation rise in his system ever until today.

The party was long over and after the last bits of goodbyes all he wanted was to see her. He had excitedly darted his eyes at all directions, trying to find that one strangely familiar countenance of hers, but seems like all his efforts were futile.

Irritation rose in him, which was followed by concern and worry as he looked for her almost at every corner of the house, but she was nowhere to be found.

What if she ran away?

His ever unyielding to the heart conscience whispered to him, but he only berated it, gritting with his teeth, "No way!"

He didn't know how he was so sure that she wouldn't do this to him and run away like the pariah she was living like, but he couldn't deny that there was a part of him that only prayed fervently because it felt that it couldn't really be ruled out of the equation that she could run away after all.

.

"Did you see Khushi?"

He asked in a hurried tone to Molly, who was carrying some trays towards the kitchen.

When all he got from her was a negative reply, meaning she too was unaware of her whereabouts, he raked his fingers through his hair in frustration.

The creases on his forehead very well validated his inner turmoil, having no clue about where she was.

He ran towards the other end of the hall, quickly grabbing his car keys from the key case.

He didn't know what irked him the most right now?

The fact that she was missing? Or the fact that it was eating him up exponentially from the inside, not able to bear even the thought of her going away from him?

Unable to bear the riddle that his current situation was, he stormed out of his house in a jet-speed.

..

.

As he made his way out and headed towards the parking lot of the mansion, a sparkling sight caught his attention, making him halt in his steps immediately.

..

.

The moonlit sky,

The breathless times,

I see what you can't.

The hidden truths and veiled rhymes.

You shall, but you shan't.

What you see is what you believe

But for how long?

If what you see is indeed reality

Then shouldn't your nightmares be true after all?