CHAPTER 11: A Fatal Attraction

18 days ago

Everything was passing by in a jiffy as he struggled against all odds to focus on his official commitments.

What the hell was wrong with him?

As if yesterday wasn't enough of sulking already that even today had to follow suit.

He still couldn't believe that he actually slept with her last night. A sinner, who in his world, should have been resting in the ocean bed right now, was sleeping peacefully on his bed in his home!

He raked his hand through his hair in frustration, for the first time feeling this strong sensation within him that murmured to him, saying, he didn't really need to regret last night.

"Damn it"

He gritted as he didn't know what the head and tail of this situation was.

First, the blunder with Kaira's murder from the previous day was still haunting him, because he couldn't dump her body properly, and if that was not all, he had a certain Khushi Mehra to deal with.

The flashes from last night once again resurfaced in his head.

Her confession.

Her callous admission of committing a crime.

Was it a hoax?

The thought struck his mind for the nth time now.

What if it was her who had been in the crime scene where he had put Kaira to rest forever?

Well.

He knew there was only one way to figure it out.

He took out his mobile phone from his pocket, calling his secret-keeper, his accomplice, and the one who knew him and brought him up in all these years since his parents passed away.

Molly.

"Molly, I need you to do something for me."

And he guided her to do the things that could clear his doubt once and for all if the sinner slash stranger Khushi Mehra was indeed at the crime scene yesterday or not.

He told Molly to arrange some clothes for Khushi and then place a photograph of his good old friend Misha in a frame and place it in his room. He told her to let Khushi know that the girl in the picture is Kaira if she asked. And Molly with her keen observation would readily read Khushi's expressions if she knew that this wasn't the real Kaira, or even better, she may ask a question to Molly if she indeed knew the truth, and then she would be caught.

"If she gets caught, then what?"

Arnav felt his ever so stringent conscience ask him.

"Then she will be resting where all my victims are resting now."

He mumbled to himself.

But even he couldn't deny that for the first time, his own words didn't make quite an impact like they usually did.

.

.

Khushi didn't know at all how this was going to end. Heck, did she ever?

Life as she always knew it was unpredictable to death! And the funniest part? She enjoyed it this way.

Investigative journalism was her passion and now that she was all about penning down her first book, she didn't really care what she needed to do to accomplish her mission.

She never thought though that she would lose her virginity to the sinner himself, err, man himself, Arnav Singh Raizada, in the process, but did she regret it? No.