CHAPTER 9: A REVELATION

As you get one notch closer

To the hidden truth

The world starts to spin suddenly

As you feel the tension, the ruth.

The reality cascades through the stringent rocks

And you begin to see through the haze

Will the light greet you now?

Or you will be ensnared in another maze?

Hold your ground O dear,

For the darkness isn't all

Just when you feel it is all starting to crumble

Someone saves you from the fall.

The citadels of the present bore the heavy weight of the voice that strikingly reverberated through the grand hall of the mansion, as if they were entangled in a quandary of their own.

"Who DIED that night?"

She shook as the terrors and magnitude of his voice hit her and so did everything else, but she never let it show on her face.

Instead, all that her countenance depicted was an uncanny tinge of nothingness.

Words can harm, but silence could be venomous. And if not anything, she was killing him every second with her subtle yet wicked silence.

As he tried hard to decode what was veiled from him and strived to read her expressions, all she did was stare at him with a penetrating gaze, the one that had no blinks, no change of sight; only fixation.

Yet he could read nothing.

.

.

"Khushi!"

He called out her name, his voice a tad bit softer this time, but it seemed like long gone was the girl who had managed to make a place in his heart, effortlessly, because who stood in front of him right now seemed to only be an apparition.

He felt another struggle rise as he found it difficult to breathe, given the incognito roots of this hour, which he found were too tough for him to decipher.

He tried to utter something more, when suddenly he heard the devastating sound of lightning strike, making intangible cracks of light resonate in the surrounding, and the next thing he knew was that the power was gone.

.

A strange range of panic shot in his system, although he was never afraid of the darkness.

He could hear the ticking of the clock every second, but he didn't really need that sound to enlighten him about the passing seconds, for right now, his heart was drumming out so loud that he could practically pinpoint every moment, every fraction of second.

.

.

What made him paranoid was he couldn't sense her.

As if despite her validated presence in the same room, she was seemingly absent.

And that invoked a new fear in him.

.

.

"Khushi"

His voice was a mere whisper, completely in contrast to the huge storm that was already surfacing inside his head, but he tried to not let it outrun his sanity, for he needed to see her, right at this moment.