Chapter One

The water is freezing.

It's freezing and yet Allison dives into it like a fish jumping back into the ocean.

Coming up for air, she starts to swim laps from one end of the pool to the other. Her muscles start to ache, but the exercise gives her a placid feeling and only eggs her on.

After her tenth lap, she decides to take a break and take in the solidarity that swimming gives her. Sitting on the edge of the pool, she kicks her feet back and forth and revels in the peace that the chlorine water gives her.

Click.

Turning around at the sound, Allison surveys her surroundings. Seeing nothing she shrugs her shoulders and gets back into the water to continue swimming. In the midst of her lap, the pool lights in the activity center start to go off one by one. She is cast in darkness, safe for the emergency light located in front of where she was just resting.

Looking up from her place in the middle of the water she hears nothing, but decides to let whoever turned off the lights know that someone was still in the pool area.

"Hello? Someone is still in here!"

Receiving silence in return she starts to mutter to herself -about people being ridiculous and that they should probably check an area before turning the lights off- while making her way to the edge of the pool.

When she starts to lift herself up out of the water, two hands out of nowhere are pushing her under. She tries to grab on to the hands to let get them to let go, but they are too strong. Feeling the oxygen start to escape her lungs, she acts drastically and bites the offender's hand. When they let the one hand go, she uses her strength to pull them into the water.

Swimming back up to the surface, Allison finds a way to fly up to edge of the pull and away from the water. Breathing harshly, she tries to make out the figure dressed in black. The mystery person has just risen to the surface and starts to swim in her direction.

As the figure gets closer, she can make out their features. The mystery person had dark hair like her own; they had brown eyes and wait a minute. She thinks. That wasn't a stranger. That was her.

"That's impossible." She whispers to herself. The shock at the discovery hasn't left her yet. Not even when the other her gets out of the water and stands above her sitting form.

This darker version of herself has the fierceness of a killer hidden in her brown eyes. Her stance is ready for battle and her breathing is ragged. The other Allison looks at her with so much hate.

"I hate you so much." Her doppelganger says through clenched teeth. Her hands are now clenching at her sides. A bite mark is now visible on her left hand.

"Why? I don't understand. How are you me, when I'm me?" Allison points to herself when she asks her last question.

The darker version of her persona finds a way to twist her lips into a malice laced smile. "You are so naïve. You have no idea what's to come. What's going to happen when you move to Beacon Hills." She releases a dark laugh.

"What do you mean? What happens to us?" It sounds ludicrous in that moment, but she can't find a way to care about the reality of the situation when she is literally talking to herself.

Sitting down in a poolside chair, Dark Allison fixes an amused smirk on her face. "It's weird how I used to be you. The normal teenager with an odd, but nice family... Do you know what questions you should be asking yourself?" She receives a shake of the head in response. "You should start questioning everything. By everything I mean your parents to start off. Why does your dad feel the need to set off in the middle of the night with a group of his friends, just to sell weapons to the police? Why does your mother force you to exercise more than you like to? Why does your aunt Kate tote around bows and shotguns in the back of her car? And why do they all look at you like they've planned everything in your life to become something bigger than yourself?"