Chapter 7: A Showdown and a Surprise

"Happy birthday!" The loud greeting caused Allison to be ripped from her sleep.

"Wha-huh?" wiping the sleep from her eyes, she sits up and looks at her family. "Oh, thank you." She puts a smile on her face, but keeps her focus on her parents and not her Aunt Kate.

"Well, I don't know about your parents, but I have a little something for you." Kate speaks from her spot next to her bed and pulls a necklace out from behind her back. The piece of jewelry has a wolf and a sun on it. "It's a family heirloom and I think that since you are becoming more of a young woman that you should know more about your family." She gives Allison a half smile.

The younger girl doesn't know what to think of this gift, but accepts the present anyway. "Wow! This is great, thank you." She hates having to act naïve, but she can't let her family know that she knows the truth. "What's the story behind this?" At the immediate question Victoria and Chris's faces both drop and turn serious.

"I think this conversation is best saved for our family dinner tonight." Victoria cuts in.

"Well, she has to know. I just thought that I'd just speed things along." Kate adds.

"That's enough! We can discuss this over dinner." Chris stops the two older women from revealing too much. "Besides, I believe Allison and Lydia have plans today to celebrate. It would be rude to infringe upon their time." He gives his daughter a smile and a kiss to her head before ushering the two women out of the room.

Letting out a sigh, Allison puts the necklace on her nightstand and starts to get ready for her day.

Allison and Lydia have been sitting in Lydia's car for ten minutes now. Allison is trying to figure out what to say to the boys and her family because she knows that eventually the truth will come out.

Lydia on the other hand is trying to figure out how to tell the boys and how to make Allison's day more special, but she knows that they have to kill Peter today.

"This is ridiculous!" Lydia's voice breaks the silence. "They are our friends and the only way to kill Peter is to tell them because we are going to need their help. Especially, if I'm going to give you your birthday surprise." She turns to Allison, grabbing her hand and rubbing her thumb affectionately over it.

"I know. It's just that I was thinking about what's going to happen after my family finds out that I knew the truth the whole time. They're gonna split us apart Lyds and I don't think that I can handle not being with you." Allison says on the verge of tears.

Leaning over the center counsel, Lydia grabs both of Allison's shaky hands in her own. "Hey, it'll be okay. Everything will work out and if not we can always sneak around like we are in a horrible teen drama." She replies fixing an encouraging smile on her face.

Showing her own pearly whites, Allison leans over to give Lydia a chaste kiss on the lips. "You're right. Let's tell the guys our plan. We have an Alpha to hunt." She says getting out of the car.

The room is awkwardly silent.

Derek uncrosses his arms. "Assuming that we can track Peter down tonight; what makes you think that we can kill him? He's an Alpha. He's stronger than us!" He fumes.

Scott stops leaning against the wall to stand up straight. "Derek's right. I hate to be a damper on all of this good news, but he's crazy strong."

Lydia turns to Jackson for some sort of comfort. He seems to be lost in thought from his spot on the couch next to Stiles who is also quiet, but more fidgety than usual.