Chapter 5: A Really Bad Idea

Author's Note: I have been reading up on the mythology surrounding the Morrigan and incorporated some of it into this chapter. I'm sorry that I have been M.I.A. for a while, but I have been swamped with work and I also wanted to get this right. Anyway, as always I hope you enjoy. I also made this chapter extra long to make up for it.

Part One

It's been one month since Allison moved to Beacon Hills and one month since the dreams have stopped. She thinks that this must be a good sign seeing as her dark half hasn't been in her dreams lately, but a strawberry blonde has been the star of many of her dreams.

Allison is completely infatuated with Lydia. She finds a new thing about the shorter girl that she likes every day.

Lydia has also started teaching Allison how to engage in combat. Allison always second guesses her defensive attacks, but Lydia reassures her that she is doing just fine. She gives the taller girl a kiss and they continue to train for a few hours. Allison's parents have started to question the bruises on her arms and legs, so she cooked up a lie about she and Lydia taking a kick boxing class twice a week. Her parents just give her an encouraging smile and go about their business.

Lydia has also introduced Allison to her good friend Derek Hale. He seemed mean at first, but after Lydia explained that Allison wasn't in Beacon Hills to harm him he gave a "nice to meet you" in reply before going back into his dilapidated house to hang with the guys.

Everyone has been on high alert ever since the Alpha has been continuing his rampage around town. Lydia has been trying to help Scott and Jackson fight the call of the Alpha. It was difficult at first, but it looks like they can fair on their own if the Alpha ever calls them again.

Allison's aunt Kate has even dropped into town to visit, just in time for her 17th birthday. This brings us to now.

"What do you mean Derek's been shot?" Lydia whispers into her cellphone angrily. She takes the time to untangle herself from Allison's arms and walks toward the open window listening to Scott ramble some more.

"Th-th-this woman she was shooting at the Alpha and Derek got caught in the crossfire. I'm going to assume she's an Argent because Allison's father was there and she called him brother. Derek's not looking too good, he isn't healing and I don't know what to do." Scott finishes sounding helpless.

"Okay, okay. Scott listen to me." She says trying to keep her voice steady. "I want you to drive Derek to the clinic. Call Stiles and Jackson for back up and make sure that Derek does not fall asleep, okay? I'll be there in twenty minutes." She hangs up the phone after Scott agrees to do what she asks of him.

Lydia puts her phone back in her jeans pocket and stares out of Allison's window. She tries to calculate everything in her head and hopes that she can find a solution to help Derek. A pair of arms wrapping around her from behind jars Lydia from her thoughts.

"What's going on?" Allison asks concerned.

Lydia turns around in her arms to look Allison in the eyes. She doesn't want to break her girlfriend's heart so she settles for a little white lie. "Scott and Derek were out tracking the Alpha. Derek was on the wrong end of a set of claws and he isn't healing. I'm going to go figure out what I can do." She says feeling guilty.

There's something that shines behind Allison's brown eyes, but it fades when she looks into Lydia's emerald orbs. "Do you need me to go with you? The buddy system and all that." She says with a sad smile already knowing the answer.

Lydia feels awful for making Allison upset, but she tells herself that it'd protect her from anything else that her family has yet to tell her. She takes her hand and cups one of the darker haired girl's cheeks. "Alli, it'll be okay. I'll be okay. Besides, you need your beauty sleep. You're going to be 17 in a few days and I gotta keep you as young and fresh faced for as long as I can." Lydia finishes jokingly.