Chapter Four: Serenity

Allison stood awkwardly waiting for Lydia to arrive. She felt completely out of place as her peers around her gathered by their vehicles to chat before disbanding for whatever after school activities they got up to. She noticed a few people staring and whispering about her to their friends. Growing self-conscious by the second Allison hopes that Lydia will show up soon.

"Hey, take a picture it'd last longer? Better yet don't take a picture. Avert your young pubescent eyes and get on with your lives, what little you have any way!"

Allison turns around in time to see Lydia approaching her. The strawberry blonde is poised for action even as she glides to Allison in her heels. Finally reaching the brunette, she grabs her hand and walks her to her car. As the pair makes their way to Lydia's vehicle, Allison sees a few guys and girls that were staring at her earlier; now looking down at the ground.

"I'm really sorry about that. People in this town aren't happy unless they are talking about something and you my dear just happen to be this week's hottest topic." Lydia says trying to lighten the mood as she turns out of the school parking lot waving bye to Stiles, Scott and Jackson as they walk to the lacrosse field for practice.

"I guess that makes me feel better. The topics always change, right?" Allison glances over at Lydia from the passenger seat.

"You are most certainly correct. Pretty soon they'll get bored and start talking about reality shows or whatever else keeps their disintegrating minds happy." Lydia replies once again taking Allison's hand in her own.

She smiles at their adjoined hands on the center console.

"So, where are you whisking me off to?" Allison asks playfully remembering how great it feels to be in Lydia's presence.

"It's a surprise, but I'll give you a hint: It's really green." Lydia laughs.

"Hmm. The woods?" Allison plays along.

"You could be right or you could be wrong. How about you wait until we get there?" Lydia squeezes her hand and accelerates down the road to go the appropriate speed limit.

"I'm sure whatever it is, that it'll be great." Allison smiles. She wants nothing more than to kiss Lydia's plump lips, but decides against it. She's never kissed anyone before and doesn't want it to be a bad experience for the other girl.

Lydia parks her car next to a surprisingly large green hill with a cave in front of it. She gets out and circles around her Audi Q7 to get something out of the back.

Allison takes one more look at the place in front of them and exits the vehicle to see what Lydia is doing in the back. She circles around the vehicle just in time to see the other girl lacing up a pair of boots and now that she thinks of it, Lydia wasn't wearing that shirt or pair of jeans just a few minutes ago.

"I hope you don't mind. I figured that a little adventure would be a perfect way for us to get know each other." Lydia says after tying her boots to look up at Allison.

"Not a problem. It seems that I happen to be dressed for the occasion." She replies with a smile.

"Another sign that this was meant to be." Lydia says with a smile looking into Allison's eyes. "Let's start our adventure. I want to show you something." She says after pulling out a flashlight and a blanket from the back of her suv before closing the back compartment and locking the car completely.

Allison lightly grabs the blanket from Lydia's arms. Not wanting the other girl to have to carry everything. The strawberry blonde offers her a grateful smile and gestures for Allison to follow her.