Chapter 6: Fire from the Tongues of Liars

Author's note: This chapter more or less brings everything together and it also comes with a history lesson. I also wanted to apologize for not updating in a while, life has been hectic but I am hoping to continue with this story. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. There are a few bits that are heavy, but I promise that if you keep reading that there will be some nice parts as well.

The dreams started a few months ago. Lydia didn't understand how to explain it, especially since she has been experiencing odd occurrences ever since that asshole of an Alpha bit her. She would see herself. Well, not really herself, but more of a spiritual guide. She liked the dreams at first, but then they started to get annoying when miss flower power came popping in spouting about the battle with the Alpha and save the hunter for their future. Blah blah blah. It gave Lydia a headache, but once she got a glimpse of the hunter; she had to find a way to help.

Miss flower power or so Lydia calls her stopped showing up, when Allison arrived in Beacon Hills. It was a good sign or so she thought because she is back now and just as annoying as she was when she last saw her.

"Lydie! It's been awhile. How are you doing? It appears that you and Allison are getting along just fine!" She smiles brightly playing with one of the flowers from her halo.

Gosh, Lydia hated her get up. Her doppelganger always wore a sundress with gladiator sandals and an honest to god flower halo on her freaking head. She also spoke like she smoked way too many blunts with Snoop Dogg. Most people would be amused with a doppelganger like her, but Lydia started to question who she was as a person and detested everything about her other half.

"Cut the crap. Why are you here? I thought this was over."

"Oh sweetie, it's never over. Let's just say that I took a little sabbatical to see how things played out in your world." She starts spinning around. Her actions cause the sky to turn from light blue to a hue of different colors.

Lydia pinches the bridge of her nose in frustration. "And the prognosis is?" She asks closing her eyes and willing her mind to stop the array of colors that were giving her a headache.

The flower child stops. The sky is back to normal and she crouches down to Lydia's level. "Everything appears to be fine. I haven't seen the other Alli cat in a while, so I don't know what that means." Her face scrunches up in contemplation.

"Then why are you here?" She asks looking at her manicure bored.

"To say hello of course! Oh and I have to show you something." She sing songs standing up straight waiting for Lydia to join her.

Standing outside what appears to be the Hale house except in its old classy finesse, Lydia watches as her doppelganger smiles as a young Derek Hale jumps out of an SUV with a tall blonde woman at his side.

"Is that Kate with Derek?" She asks as she watches the scene unfold before her.

"Isn't it odd how almost everyone in this town has some sort of history with each other?"

"Why are you showing me this?" Lydia snaps.

"Oh Lydie. I thought I'd give you a bit of history wrapped in a clue sandwich." Her green eyes were sparkling. "I also think we should take a seat. Things are just starting to get interesting." She makes her way to a nearby stump and gestures for Lydia to take to the one next to her.

Lydia watched as Derek guided Kate up the small stairs to the front door of the house.

"Are you sure this is a great idea? I mean my family isn't fond of visitor's." Derek looked so small and innocent to Lydia. She wanted to run up to her friend and hug him. However, this wasn't the time or the place and settled for giving him a hug when she sees him next.