Chapter 11

A week later, during breakfast, I was still a little woozy but overall I was doing better. At least the ice pack came off and I didn't have to walk around camp wearing that ridiculous thing.

"So, what are the plans for today?" I ask, taking a sip of my orange juice.

"I dunno. Maybe go for a nice walk through the mountain path? I hear it's lovely during the morning hours." Hannah answered as she thought of other things to do. "But, of course, I want to do other things but I don't want to risk you getting hurt even more."

"Hannah, I'm fine! Doctor says I can have fun but no horse play for a few days – when I stop feeling woozy and light headed." I ensure her as I took a bite of my pancakes. "Now, let's go do something fun after breakfast. I hear they have this amazing baking class with Tomo that I'd like to try."

"You know he teaches vegan baking, right?" Hannah told me as I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I know, and he makes damn good desserts. I had some when I was with... a friend." I stopped myself, not wanting to continue but Hannah already caught on.

"What friend? The only friend you really have here is me, unless you went off and made another? Katie, are you cheating on me?!" Hannah demanded to know, making us both laugh as I shook my head.

"I would never cheat on my best friend. Maybe for someone more kind, caring, and less of a Thirty Seconds to Mars fan, but then again, you complete me." I say as Hannah grabbed my arm and leaned her head on mine, keeping a tight grip on me.

"Mine! All mine! My bestie!"

"Forever your bestie, Hannah!"

Hannah then smiled, releasing my arm and sitting straight as we finish our breakfast, throwing away our garbage before leaving the Mess Hall. Walking around the camp, we checked the activities today and found that Baking With Tomo doesn't start until after noon, so we had plenty of time to kill, which is good. I just remembered that I need to talk to Jared about yesterday and pray that he didn't get the wrong idea about Jonathan (which I'm sure he did).

Walking around the camp some more, I kept my eyes peeled for Jared, noticing that he doesn't seem very active today, making me a bit worried about him. Stopping to tie my shoe, Hannah started calling my name and telling me to come over. Raising my head, she pulled what looked like a flyer down and began running towards me with it.

"Girl, look!" Hannah practically shoved the flyer in my face as I began reading it over.

"Attention, Campers! In order to have some fun and express your creative sides; Shannon, Tomo, and I are hosting – and judging – the first ever CAMP MARS TALENT EXTRAVAGANZA! Auditions will be held on Saturday at three until six PM. The show is in one month, just enough time for you to prepare and rehearse and all that. And the winner will receive a grand prize of TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! Hope to see you there!" I read as Hannah began jumping for joy, grabbing my hands as she gave me this confident smile.

"Katie – you have to sign up! You'll blow them away with your singing!" Hannah suggested as I was quick to turn down the suggestion.

"No..."

"Why not?!"

"Because I'm not going on stage and singing in front of all the other campers here. I want... something more then that." I tell her, my nerves getting the best of me. "Besides, I don't have anything to sing and... I just don't know if I can do it."

"Perform?" Hannah asked as I lowered my head and sighed.

"Write. I don't know if I can write a song in time."