Chapter 4: The Red Room

My grey stained fur glistened in the moonlight as I sprinted across the woods. The crunch of the small branches was the only thing I could hear. The fog in the air was heavy and damp and made my fur slightly wet. I didn't mind it though. The cold, harsh weather was refreshing. Carelessly, I continued storming pass the woods to get away from whatever trouble that was behind.
After what seemed like hours in the unknown woods, I figured that I was far enough and decided to find somewhere to rest for the night.
In the distance, I could see a small cave, covered in ancient vines and looked safe enough to sleep in. The cave was protected by huge rocks and could disguise me. Gradually, I made my way towards the cave, jumping over the obstacles of the thick tree stumps embedded into the ground. I entered the cave and found that the cave was just right for me to sleep in. I circled a couple of times before I collapsed onto the dusty floor.
For a while, my eyes stayed open glaring into the darkness and only hearing the natural voices of nature booming in the dark. My eyes were slowly closing and soon I was asleep and unsure what was to come.

______________________________

I yawned as I turned around to lay on my other side. I felt this softness and comfort hugging me. I opened my eyes to realise my face was sitting comfortably in the pillow.
Pillow?
I sat up instantly and looked around. I felt drowsy and my eyes felt heavy. I rubbed them to help me see where exactly I was.
I was clearly in a bed for starters.
Red covers were tangled by my feet at the end of the bed. I looked further to see that portraits were hung perfectly in position. Not a single portrait was out of place or neither was ugly. In fact, these portraits were beautiful. Each one was different and ranged from simple pieces such as sketches to more abstract and realistic painting that looked as though they belonged in an art museum.
"Where am I?" I whispered.
My thoughts began to think about what happened last night. I remembered waking up only to be in a random car. Also, I remember talking to that damn guy in the hoodie turned out to be-
The Alpha King.
Oh shit.
It all came flooding back to me. I had turned in the car and made him crash into the tree.
Is he alive? I mean, if he is, I'm in some DEEP trouble.
I smacked myself stupidly in the head thinking how stupid and irresponsible I was last night and lifted my legs over the bed to stand and walk towards the door that was directly opposite me. My hand gripped the handle expecting the door to open. Instead, it stayed locked and unable to budge.
First of all, why am I in a bedroom? Did he bring me here?
My hand let go of the handle and I turned to walk back into the bed. I inspected the room on my way back and stopped. I soon realised that there were no windows at all. The room walls were painted in harsh red colour and looked as though to resemble blood. The floor was wooden and dark along with the other furniture that looked to belong in another century. The fireplace crackled silently and brightened the whole room.
My eyes gazed at the fire for a while, thinking of the possiblity that he had decided to bring me here. If the possibility is likely, then why? I should technically be dead if he brought me here or at least scrounging in a prison cell, begging for my utmost forgiveness.
After a while, I gave up contemplating whether or not it was him that brought me here and decided to sniff around a little bit. I strolled towards to the wardrobe and opened it. It was empty.
Huh, what was I expecting? To be honest maybe some old ass dresses from the time before Jesus, since this whole room looked like it wasn't used at least few centuries.
I huffed loudly and stomped my way towards the sofa that sat opposite the fireplace. I suppose I must wait until someone comes and rescues me from this retched room. I laid on the sofa for a while. Boredom soon took it's place and in minutes, I was completely bored and unsure of what to do.
I was going to try opening the door again. I got up without hesitation and strolled towards the door. However, before I could even put a finger on the handle, the door unlocked and opened widely. What followed was a cart full of food, the inviting smell of toast slowly crept into my nose and instantly had me following the delicious sent.
My stomach grumbled in hunger and anticipation of getting the food into my stomach. As my hand was about to grab the toast, but it was stopped by a soft hand.
I looked up to see whom the hand had belonged to. A slightly old woman stood straight, dressed as a maid and wearing a pure white apron. She smiled kindly.
"Please sit. I wouldn't want you getting crumbs all over yourself." She gestured towards the sofa that I had previously been sitting on.
A couple of minutes later, I was happily munching on a piece of toast covered in butter. The maid stood by the door, probably watching me to ensure I eat every single piece.
Once I was done, she moved the plates for me and placed them back onto her small cart. She turned and smiled. I stood opposite her and she spoke.
"Naomi, My name is Anna. I work here as maid for the King Kase."
Well then. Guess like I'm going to die.
There was no hint of anger or hate towards me as she continued to speak. "You are here on the King's order and must do whatever he demands whether you like it or not. For time being, he orders that you stay in this exact room until he requests to see you in his office".
"And how long will that be?" I questioned.
"Until the king requests to see you." Anna repeated instantly.
I could see the kind eyes happily looking into my own as Anna spoke. They looked to be filled with wisdom and age. Her face was etched with wrinkles and her hair was neatly tucked behind a small bun at the back of her head. I knew she meant no trouble to me. The King however? Well let's just say I'm unsure what he is going to do with me.
"I will bring some clothes as well as a book to keep you occupied while you're in here."
Anna walked towards the door. I could faintly see what was beyond the door. Two guards perched beside each side of the door, wearing some sort of uniform. Before I could inspect any further, the door slammed shut and I heard the noise of the door locking harshly.
Seconds later, she returned with a pair of jeans and an oversized shirt as well as a random book that looked old. She handed them to me politely before she spoke:
"The bathroom is right over there." She pointed to the right where there was another door.
"Thank you." I replied.
And that was that. She turned her heels and guided herself the door. I trailed after her but she had already reached the door before it once again slammed shut.
I sighed deeply.
If I was destined to die by the Kings order, wouldn't I be dead already?
He's known for his brutal acts upon those considered wrong and technically, he almost died but mind you, I had gave him a warning and he decided to dismiss it. In other words, it's his fault that he almost died and not me. If anyone is to blame, it's only himself. He definitely chose to kidnap the wrong girl.
After walking out of the bathroom, I plumped myself onto the bed and considered thinking about my pack and my father that were still out there countinuing to live their lives while I sat here in a windowless room doing nothing but only holding an empty book in my hand.
Well, I'm not doing anything anyways. I opened the first page of the book and soon began reading whatever this book contains.
After what seems like hours, the door once again stood widely open. Anna step through with two guards standing beside her.
"The Alpha wishes to see you in his office now, Naomi."

__________________________________

A/N
Yo, what's good?
Okay, i know it's been like few centuries and you're probably wondering where the heck were we and all i can say is: school. We didn't have any time to edit or write new chapters so thats the reason why i didn't update in such a long time. Hope someone still reads this 🤔
Anyways, love you guys and i hope you are still reading Naomi's adventures because the best is yet to come!
Stay sassy, -I&M.