Chapter 7: The Apology

It’s been a week since I’ve read Katrina’s diary.

He hasn’t bothered visiting me nor have I been sent to his office.

He’s probably still angry or upset by the fact that I read something I wasn’t supposed to read.

Since the incident, Anna hasn’t visited me for at least two days. Instead, another maid came to only bring food and fresh clothes, not even uttering a word to greet me as she came through every day.

Apart from the maid, the books and the two guards who escorted me every day, I had no one else disturb me while I was in the room.

The guards who came to collect me were different each time but they still wore the same uniform proudly.

The crest of the Vindicta Pack was stitched elegantly onto their chest.

They knocked three times before they revealed themselves and it was then I knew it was time to go into the cell for the night.

Being escorted to the cells was awkward to say the least.

No one talked at all.

Walking towards the cell each night became a routine.

On my way there, I usually passed some painting and window but whenever I looked through, I only saw the darkness of the night.

Guards were stationed at each end of the hallway with their arms hanging loosely.

Nevertheless, they looked as though they were ready for battle.

It took roughly 5 minutes to reach the cell, each time I was guided through the same route. I was beginning to understand the place.

The grinding of the cell door and rattle of the key chains meant that it was time for me to enter the cell.

The cell wasn’t really special at all.

Like the one in my old pack, it was empty and cold but at least my old cell had a window. This cell was windowless and I hated that.

I haven’t even had the chance of fresh air and I definitely despised it in here.

Night through night I turned.

For the first few days, even though I was locked in the cell with no way of escaping, I was still trying to do whatever I could to do so.

I was throwing myself at the wall and I was howling as if it was a full moon.

My screams could probably be heard through the walls but I didn’t really care about that.

My wolf was in control.

She’s probably confused as I am as to where exactly we are.

After a few days, she accepted the fact that she was in the cell and slept soundlessly throughout the night.

When it reached morning, I would wake with a pile of new clothes by the end of the cell door as well as a glass of water which I swiftly took gulp of.

Then, once again, two guards would escort me back into my room to further sleep off the boredom and eat. 

It was an endless cycle of boredom and frankly, I was getting sick of it.

However, on the eighth day of being here, something happened.

After walking out of the cell with the guards perched by my side, we were stopped by a tall man.

He was wearing no guard uniform but instead causal looking clothes.

I spotted a tattoo on his neck. It was a snake around a dagger. The Vindicta Pack’s crest.