Chapter 6: Dear Diary

After being escorted back to the bedroom by two guards, I decided it would be better to take my mind of the event that just happened back in the office. Seeing death right in front of you can have terrible side effects.

Obviously, I would know the consequence of killing.

However, seeing someone else so inconsiderate and brutal killing an innocent person is painful to watch.

That guard did not deserve the fate he just received. In fact, I think Kase deserved worse.

How could he think I’m his weakness?

We’ve barely met!

I hissed angrily as the image of his grey eyes flew through my mind.

Ugh.

I stood up walking around the room.

I need to get him out of my head and focus on my escape plan.

Maybe if I run away successfully I should go to Europe or anywhere far away from Kase.

Maybe Brazil?

I heard a knock on the wooden door and out of courtesy, beckoned the person into the room.

Anna stood patiently by the door with her arms behind her back.

“Can I help you with anything, Miss Naomi?”

I could do with some more books and some food I thought.

“Yeah. It wouldn’t be any trouble for you to get some more books and perhaps some food too?” I said respectfully.

“Not a problem at all, Miss.” She smiled before stepping back into the hallway; making sure the door was sealed tight.

I laid down on bed and started staring into the ceiling. I closed my eyes thinking about everything that happen to me these past couple of days.

My life has turned upside-down completely.

Who would have ever figured that my mate would be no one but Alpha King?

Although he’s the only person that can stop my curse, I’m positive that even when he finds out about the cure, he wouldn’t help me.

While Anna was out getting the books and food, I figured it would be a good time to use the bathroom and shower.

I entered the bathroom only be stared at by my own reflection standing right in front of me.

I was eerily thin I thought.

Perhaps it was because of the lack of food I’ve had to suffice with over the past 2 months. My eyes had sunken deep into my skull and dark circles were embedded under my eyes.

I gave a small smile to myself before I continued to use the bathroom.

Minutes later and feeling slightly refreshed, I paced out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped securely around my body and hair.

The food I had ask for was laid out perfectly on a white table cloth as well as several different books ranging from thin, small books to much larger and older books.

I quickly changed and sat myself by the fireplace so that my hair could dry. Anna looked at me sadly.

“Is everything alright, Miss Naomi?” Something about her made me feel better.

I do not know whether it was her friendly smile or the fact that she been the only one in a while that has been nice to me.

“I am trapped in King’s castle. I’m his mate and for some reason, he hates me. So, no I don’t think everything is alright.” I blurted.