Chapter 5: The Meeting

I followed Anna through the hallway.
Everything looked so tidy and clean. The floor was so shiny and spotless I could see my reflection in it. Whoever is cleaning this place is one hell of the cleaner. The interior of the castle was different compared to the one room I was just in. Chandeliers hung lowly in the hallway and lighted the hallways throughout. I directly passed a window and was able to glimpse at the daylight shining through the spotless window. 

“This way, Naomi.” She smiled at me as she turned left.

I followed her quickly. My eyes were scanning all the paintings that were hanging on the wall. One painting caught my attention and I stared at it. There was a happy, gleeful family standing around one another. An older man, a woman and two children. One boy and one girl. 
I recognised the man in the painting. That was Alpha Xavier. Kase’s dad and the old King.
I was young when he died, but I vividly remember people talking about the idea that he was the true definition of evil. There were rumours that he even killed his own wife and daughter because he had a soft spot for them, and he couldn’t afford having any weakness.
Well, if that all is true, I could understand why Kase is then also known to be exact same replica of him. 

“Miss Naomi?” Anna spoke.

“Uh, yeah I’m right behind you.”  I followed her until we came in front of the huge wooden door.

Anna knocked on the door and few moments later, I heard a familiar voice.

“Come in.” 

Anna opened the door, carefully. I entered the room, surprised.
It was large, modern and even had a balcony.

It looked like an office. I expected the room to be like mine. Old.
However, this was a completely new level of modern luxury right here.

“Anna, you can leave.”  A male voice dismissed.  The maid bowed her head in respect and left.

Finally, a male figure stood proudly in front of me glaring at me with absolute hate and anger in his eyes.

I froze while a shiver ran through my body. I stood there watching him, speechless.

My eyes scanned his whole face. He had  black messy hair that was covering part of his forehead, as though he had woken up moments ago. His jawline was sharp and looked as though a simple touch would  slice your finger without a doubt. His lips were full and wet as if he just licked them. His neck was long and could clearly see his Adam’s Apple bobbling against his throat.

And his eyes?

Well, let me tell you.

His eyes had this beautiful shade of grey that look like two silver moons; they showed clear contrast between his clear, olive skin.

There was something about him that made him enticing or even mysterious in some sort.

The stubble across his face simply just added to the beauty the face held.  I scanned even further, he held himself in authority as though he had power over everyone he met. He wore a white dress shirt that was tucked neatly and was able to show the outline of the muscles; ready to explode from the shirt.

He was flawless in every way possible.

Once, when I was younger, I heard that there is no feeling that can compare to the one you get when you see your mates eyes for the first time. 

I think they were right.

“Are you done with checking me out or are we going to have to be here for a few more hours?” He chuckled.