Clearly

"Please, tell me." Josh said. I didn't know how to explain it without making it sound insane.

"I'm not sure if I know how." I said. He thought for a second, what might it be that this girl is talking about?

"Try it the best way you know how." He said reassuringly. I took a deep breathe to recollect my words.

The best way I know how...

"Okay, so y'know when you want to take a picture, but the camera has to focus?" I asked making gestures with my hands for a more visual point.

Josh nodded and leaned up against the treehouse wall.

"Then once everything is focused, everything is clear. Everything is visible," I paused for josh to nod his head again, "that's kind of how I feel when you stare at me." I said.

Josh looked confused. "I don't quite get it." He said scrunching his eyebrows.

I thought of another way to explain it the best way I know how.

"Okay, squint your eyes." I said. "What do you see?" I asked. "Everything looks a little... not fine." I smiled at Josh's realization.

"Okay, now close your eyes." He obeyed. "Tighter." He listened. "Close them so tight to where you see those colorful dots floating around." He did as I said.

"Now open." He blinked a few times. "What do you see?" I asked while sitting still.

"Everything is blurry." He said, his eyes barely open. "Okay, you can blink a little. And move closer." He scooted closer and blinked three times.

"Now what do you see?" I asked quieter. "Your face." He said. "Be more specific." I wanted josh to get the whole idea of this demonstration.

"I can see your whole face clearly." He said, exactly what I was looking for. "That's why I don't want you staring at me." I finished.

I backed away slowly while josh sat there putting the pieces together.

He soon came to conclusion and he looked at me again. "You don't have to be afraid of everyone's eyes, Bee." I just chuckled lightly.

"But I do." I said keeping my face hidden. "But you shouldn't." Josh said scooting closer.

I stood up and walked towards the window. "I can't let them see my weaknesses." I began gripping the windowsill.

"They'll take advantage of me. They'll crush me because I let them." Josh was standing right behind me now.

I felt like I was under a microscope. I couldn't take it. Josh put his hand on my shoulder and I just had to leave.

"I think I need to go home." I pushed passed him. His hand fell from my shoulder to my hand.

He lightly pulled me back. We were now facing each other. My heart was beating oh too fast.

"Relax. I can see you... and that's a good thing. You can see me too." Josh's words didn't make sense, but then again they did...