14°

"Shh, I'm hunting a bunny wabbit." Mariana whispered, giggling up a storm in the car. The windows were fogged up and it was hot from all the food they bought.

She opened up her Balenciaga bag, revealing a dozen tiny liquor bottles. She passed one to Carl and took one for herself.

"Schnapps?"

"Schnapps." They clinked the two glass bottles together, swigging down the throat burning contents. The radio lowly played and the Chicago traffic had died down some hours ago.

It smelled of sweet liquor and marijuana.

"You know, you're one of the only things that seem right to me in this whole entire place." She was so deep in thought. The thought of Carl.

She knew she was too in love with him. It was completely dangerous to be that in love with somebody.

"You know, you're the only reason I'm not locked up." He softly chuckled.

"I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Probably be a loner." He shrugged.

"Oh, shut up." Mariana shoved his face, their signature sign of friendship.

"You know you love me."

"Touché."

"Whenever someone says that it reminds me of icarly."

"You watch icarly?" Mariana was surprised by this. She never knew her best friend watched a show that was meant for ten year old girls.

"Yeah, who doesn't?"

"A lot of guys your age. Should I be worried about you?"

"Spencer is hilarious. And there's a lot of adult humor." Carl wiggled his eyebrows.

"Calm down child."

"You can choke." He crossed his arms.

"That's my thing."

"Not anymore."

"Pass me a large burger Gallagher." She smiled, her eyes red and droopy.

"Aren't you vegan?" Carl asked, taking another puff from the pipe they were smoking.

"That's Danny you piece of shit." She slumped her arms around him, her head on his chest. The two were sitting in the backseat, entangled with each other.

"My mistake baby girl." Carl put his arms around her waist.

"Don't call me that." She got out of his embrace.

"Why not?"

"It turns me on." Mariana mumbled as her cheeks started heating up.

"Oh does it now?" His eyebrow raised.

She gulped as she nodded her head.

"Does this turn you on?"

He kissed her neck, causing her to close her eyes shut. He then went to her lips, lightly pecking them until Mariana pulled him closer.

Her lips tasted of strawberry schnapps. His of cold mint. Mariana laid down on the leather seats of her brother's dodge, arms wrapped around Carl's neck.

His hands were gently roaming her waist, her pink leather jacket being removed. Carl threw off his sweater, the car getting too hot as their intentions grew more heated.

Mariana couldn't control herself. As for Carl, he couldn't stop what he started. It was like Mariana was in a fantasy. Never in a million years would she think that she would be in the back of her older brother's car making out with her best friend.

Carl started getting second thoughts. He didn't want her to do anything she didn't want to do. He'd feel terrible if Mariana had ever regretted doing anything with him. It was never in Carl's nature to do anything to harm her.

Mariana was his number one priority. He had to keep her happy. He couldn't just fuck her if she didn't want to. Carl would never forgive himself.

"Hey, Mari, I don't want to do this if you aren't ready." He got up, situating himself against the door.

"Take my pure." She pulled him closer to her once more. "Wash it all away." He pushed her back, attaching his lips to hers once more.

It was a terrible idea, but at the moment it felt right. Maybe it was the drugs they took, or the alcohol they drank. Or maybe it was just the inevitability that the two were simply in love.

Whatever it was, it led to more than a simple kiss.