17°

"Honey, I'm home!" Debbie shouted, bags upon bags of fast food lodged under her arms. This was just one of many trips to the car. The food would probably last about a day or so, since Mickey would be home eating most of it.

"Hey Debs, you and Mariana home from your food run?" Lip asked, popping a curly fry into his mouth. Liam sat at the table, waiting to eat the vast amount of food. Mariana came in, holding stacked cup holders that were filled with large sodas.

"What does it look like dumbfuck?" Debbie barked back, slouching in her chair, sipping her Pepsi. The trample of feet commenced, Ian and Carl coming down.

"Hey baby." Carl said, kissing Mariana's cheek, looking directly at Ian.

"Okay. Well I got something to tell you guys." Ian looked at Carl, a devilish grin plastered on his face," I'm gay."

Carl was confused, "If you're gay why were you hitting on Mariana?" His finger was pointed at Ian in a questioning way.

"If you haven't realized, you and Mariana are perfect for each other. Just look at you two." Ian motioned to Carl, his arms wrapped around Mariana in a protective notion. "It was my plan to get you to actually do something you dipshit."

Everyone stood in silence. There was an awkward tension. All of a sudden Mariana's phone rang. She got out of Carl's embrace and walked to the living room.

"Hello?",She spoke into the phone. Carl secretly followed her, hiding behind the kitchen wall.

"Hey Ri." Mariana could tell that thick Australian accent from a mile away.

"Luke?"

"Yeah, I'm outside your house."

Mariana had a weird look on her face, which was a result of being confused. "How do you even know where I live?"

"School records. Bribed your principal."

"That sounds pretty illegal."

"Oh it is princess." He said in a deep voice, which was relatively Mariana's weakness.

"Don't call me princess." Mariana giggled.

At this point everyone was listening in on her conversation. That's one thing about the Gallagher's; they're all nosy as hell.

"Just go outside."

"I'm next door at my friends' house."

"Then go outside, I'm waiting."

"Alright, alright." Mariana obliged, hanging up her phone.

Mariana walked outside, Luke's Range Rover parked in front, gas running. He rolled down the window, face covered by only a pair of black ray bans.

He parked the car, getting out and getting a stack of small boxes from the trunk. He set them down on the sidewalk and hugged Mariana.

Carl cleared his throat, trying to get their attention. Both Luke and Mariana turned their gaze to Carl. Although Carl was only 5'4 and Luke was a foot taller, Carl didn't feel intimidated.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Luke, Luke Hemmings, Mariana's boyfriend." The broad shouldered guy introduced himself.

"Oh, her ex-boyfriend?" Carl corrected him, annoyed by his mistake.

"Yeah, yeah. Who are you?"

"Oh no one really, just her boyfriend." Carl shrugged sarcastically.

"Ri, you never told me you had a boyfriend now. What's been going on since you left Cali." He grabbed the small girl by her shoulders, grasping her in a hug.

"We haven't really talked lately Lu." She blushed, feeling slightly flustered.

"Ri, Lu?" Debbie asked, her arms crossed.

"Oh, those are the nicknames we gave each other. Anyways, I got you birthday presents."

"No way, really?" Mariana smiled giddily.

"Of course, I wouldn't forget my princess's birthday." He handed Mariana the stack of boxes. Carl got more and more upset with each word Luke spoke.
Mariana kneeled to the ground, touching each and every box.

She opened the first one, nude studded louboutins. Next she opened a box identical to the first. Baby pink louboutins enthralled with a satin bow on the back.

"Those are custom. Met with Christian Lou himself, helped him make them. You'll be the only one with them, no one else has em."

Lastly she picked up a baby blue box, Tiffany and Co. Mariana carefully undid the ribbon, opening the box. She delicately held up the necklace, 'princess' spelled in 24 karat gold.

"Thank you Lu, I love it so much." She jumped on the blond, wrapping her small legs around him so she wouldn't fall.

"No problem princess." Mariana dropped down. "You wanna go to eat, saw a fancy place you might like."

"Actually," Carl began, cascading off of his front porch, "we have plans. We're going to the mall." He pulled Mariana to him, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Well, sorry man. I'll talk to you later Ri, we can go out another time." He waved bye to Mariana, slightly jogging to his car. He started the engine and drove off.

Carl huffed, he was glad that Luke was gone. He just seemed so irritating. Carl didn't like him at all.

"Since when was I your girlfriend?" Mariana playfully pushed Carl.

"Since now." Carl pulled her into his chest, placing his lips ever so delicately on hers. "I should've done this a long time ago."