24°

"Fifi, huh?"

"Yeah, as a homage to Fiona."

"You couldn't have picked Fido or Spot? You had to choose my annoying sister's name?" Carl chuckled, scratching the back of his neck as he slightly shakes his head.

They pulled up to the front of their houses. Carl opened the back door, grabbing the rather large husky from the seat. Her collar was an arctic blue, to match her icy eyes. The two went to Carl's house. Fifi was about to meet Fiona.

You could hear yelling from outside, which was usual. Carl opened the door, holding the dog by her collar. Fiona stood there, arms tightened. She was yelling at Debbie.

"Woah woah, what's going on?" Carl said, trying to hone the dog. Fifi tossed and turned, scared from all of the commotion.

"Debbie is pregnant." Fiona spoke with a strained throat.

Mariana looked at Fiona, "What?"

"Derek and I are having a baby." Debbie looked Mariana straight in the eyes.

"How did this happen Debs?"

"I told him I was on the pill, when I wasn't."

"Why would you do that?"

"I'm ready for a baby, whether you guys think so or not."

"Debbie, you aren't ready for a baby. No matter how much you convince yourself otherwise." Fiona interjected.

"Debs, I'm gonna support you either way, but with this baby, we won't be able to do food drives. Or go driving at two am. We won't have our bond as tight." Mariana didn't want Debbie to have a baby, knowing what it could do to her, but she didn't want her upset.

"Mariana, what would you know? And our bond isn't tight. You've been in California slobbing on celebrity dicks. Hell, I'm surprised you don't have herpes."

Mariana was taken aback. She knew none of this was true, but it still hurt coming from one of her best friends. Of course, Debbie was just speaking words of anger, in the bliss of the moment.

"Okay, if that's how you feel." Mariana walked backwards, towards the front door. Tears fell down her face as she trudged home in shame. Debbie felt guilt, why the hell would she say that?

"You're a real bitch Debs." Carl shook his head, gravitating Fifi to the door to follow after Mariana.

"You better have that baby, and you better support it. After what you just said to Mariana, I'm not helping." Fiona stormed up the stairs, leaving Debbie alone in the living room.