26°

"I'm bored." Mariana groaned, fidgeting with chain of the black light that hung above her. It was that time of summer where there was nothing to do. The only problem was boredom.

"Me too." Carl played with Mariana's hair as he thought of things the couple could do. They've done practically every single thing a teenager could in Chicago, and it was barely the middle of summer.

"Well what should we do?"

"Something spontaneous."

An ideas popped into Mariana's mind.

"How spontaneous?" She spoke in a mischievous tone. Although Carl should have taken this as a red flag, he dismissed it due to a desire for adventure.

"Anything really, there's nothing to do, like at all."

Mariana excitedly crawled off of her bed and to her vanity. She opened her drawer and took out a pink envelope. She'd been saving it since the day she got home.

"Open it."

"What is it?"

Mariana rolled her eyes, "Just open it Carl."

Carl hesitantly opened it. He carelessly tore the flap of the baby pink envelope, quickly opening to see its contents. He pulled out two tiny slips of paper, each with a decorative picture of Disney characters.

"Let's go to Disneyland Carl, it'll be amazing. We can ride the ferris wheel, and eat with the characters, and stay at the fancy hotel." Mariana dreamingly carried on about her Disneyland fantasy.

"Alright."

"W-what?" She stammered.

"Let's go."

"Really?"

"Um, what part of let's go do you not get Mariana?" He spoke in a jokingly way, making sure not to upset Mariana and let all hell unleash.

"I thought I'd have to convince you and beg."

"Nah, seems fun. Don't have anything else to do. But how are we supposed to get there? Hm?" Carl raised an eyebrow, entertained by the stumped girl.

"Shit." She slumped down a bit, biting her lip as she tried to think of a way to get from Chicago to California.

"I'm kidding Mar, I can just book us a flight."

"Um, you're like fifteen, how are you supposed to book it?"

"I have money." Carl grabbed Mariana's laptop, which was adorned in stickers. He picked on the zumiez sticker that was peeling off.

"How?"

"Did you not forget I sold drugs?" He said in an obvious tone.

"Oh yeahhh, what happened with that?"

"Long story short I didn't wanna do it anymore so I got pistol whipped and they took my clothes." Carl shrugged, acting as if it was a thing for fifteen year old boys to experience.

"Yeah, just another day in the normal life of Carl Gallagher."

"Anyways, about this trip."

"We need to plan it first."

"Or we could just be spontaneous about the whole thing?"

"Christ, Gallagher, you're so white." Mariana laughed.

"What's wrong with white?" Carl put his hand to his  chest in a playful manner.

"Nothing," she chuckled, "you're just acting like one of those gentrified white kids who take pictures of lakes and mountains while they're finding themselves on a road trip. Basically, everything I wanted to be but can't because I'm Hispanic."

"Well, we're gonna do it anyway. Just like those fucking hipsters." Carl really did hate hipsters. Mainly because their "poor aesthetic" that they'd pay thousands for and get appraisal, Carl would be laughed at for the same thing when he was younger.

Mariana crawled onto the bed and wrapped her arm around Carl. "I really do love you Carl Gallagher." She looked up at him.

"And I really love you Mariana Mendoza." He kissed her forehead. "God, we really are couple goals."

"Shut up." She laughed.