34°

"I suppose it is." Mariana indifferently said, dipping her fry into the mustard yellow sauce.

In all honesty, Mariana was overwhelmed from head to toe. She wasn't very good with confrontation- unless it was her confronting someone.

"I'm-"

"Doing this for me. By keeping Luke away you're protecting me." She sighed. She knew it was inevitable that he'd understand where she's coming from. It hurt her a little on the inside.

"No," Carl started, "I was going to say that I'm trusting you. I'm really believing in you Mariana. Because I really do love you. A lot."

Carl grabbed her hand that was placed on the glossy table. He rubbed her hand with his thumb and index finger.

Mariana was shocked. But she was swelled with a warmth. Carl really knew what words to say, but little did she know it was all because of his siblings- and mostly little Liam.

"So you're fine if I stay friends with Luke?" She reiterated the question, still wondering if she heard that right.

"Yeah. Of course I'm not the most fond of him, but you said yourself it's to keep you and your friends together. It'd be pretty selfish of me to keep you from doing so."

"What's with the change of heart?" Mariana couldn't keep her curious self from asking the question.

"A lot of thinking. Maybe a few sappy movies." He admitted to her. She couldn't help but smile.

"Carl Gallagher, I'm hopelessly in love with you." She mustered out, feeling a small amount of regret. Not because she didn't mean her words, she just didn't like being all that soft.

"Mariana Mendoza, I'm in love with you hopelessly." Carl smiled cheesily. He was content with how he handled the situation.

"You can't just take my words a switch em around Gallagher." She rolled her eyes, throwing a fry that fell onto the table at him.

***

Mariana and Carl we're in the hotel room. The Hispanic girl laid on the bed, body sprawled out to stretch. As for Carl, he was currently looking through his suitcase.

"Get some comfy pajamas. Movie nights usually last till three in the morning."

Carl struggled. He didn't want to wear something that showed he was poor. He didn't want Mariana's Hollywood friends to look down upon him.

He finally came upon some Nike sweatpants he stole from the locker room. He stayed in his white t shirt, just putting a maroon hoodie over it.

"What movie did you choose for movie night?" Mariana blew bubbles with her watermelon flavored hubba bubba bubblegum.

"I didn't know I was supposed to choose one." Carl shrugged, grabbing his stuff before the two of them left the hotel room.

"Well, duh. Course you were supposed to. Rule one if movie night; each person attending movie night must choose a movie. It's set in stone. Literally, Michael paid for someone to write the rules in stone."

"Fine, we'll just- stop at the Redbox or something."

"Okay the theme is 80's movies."

"What the fuck? They don't have 80's movies at the Redbox."

"Rule two; the movie must fit into the movie category chosen by the king of movies. And this week's king was Joe and he's really been into the 80's after Stranger Things."

"What the hell is a movie king?"

"Whoever brings the best movie from last week is the next week's movie king. Last week's theme was cheesy teen Netflix movies. Joe came with the heat and picked The Babysitter."