Captive

You rub your head cautiously, recoiling your hand as a twinge of pain becomes blatantly obvious. The only thing you were truly aware of was the crusted crown of blood sticking your hair together as it was way to dark to see or feel anything else. Hell, you couldn't even make out the outlining of the shapes in the room. Maybe you weren't even in a room, maybe you were dead and this is what being dead is like?

"I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH YOU!!" The sound of an closed fist against skin that followed made it pretty clear that, one, you were not dead because you could hear, and two, someone was getting the crap beat out of them in the room over. The voice was male, you knew that much. Still being dazed from only momentarily waking up, you were'nt able to fully recognize the voice or if you knew them. Not that that would've been helpful or anything.

"Wha-Mmm!" Your jaw is broken. Shit, you seem to be in the worst state possible for a situation where you have no idea what's going on. The last thing you can remember is a certain douche talking smack to you before you passed or whatever. Honestly, you've been knocked out in so many different ways over the past year that you've lost count.

"Alright, listen to me then instead of losing your temper and maybe we can get along." It was Jack's voice this time, positive, for sure, no doubt in your mind. How'd you not recognize it to begin with? Suddenly,a low growl comes from close by that makes you jump, like a lion was about to pounce. You feebly attempt to turn you head while straining your eyes in the noise's direction to get a peak at what it was.

"...Y-Yara?" You force the name of your newer acquaintance to tumble out of your mouth just before you're cut off by another surge of pain.

Her hair had changed color to a dark burgundy red, her eyes narrow slits. You see movement from underneath her cloak, and watch as a blue tail swings out and back under neath it. She lets out another snarl, teeth barred with some blood, fresh by the looks of it, on her gums. But the most noticeable new trait were her hands. Her nails had grow tremendously, and her hands had taken on the anatomy of a cat by bending in ways a human could not. More blood was dried around her nails which still had a pretty nail polish color of yellow on from before.

"Listen to me. We don't have much time, or should I say your friend in the next room over doesn't." Her hands were chained down to the floor without a connecting chain, allowing no room at all to move. "This room is meant to only contain one human, might I say, at a time. I need you to attempt to unlock these since you are not chained in the slightest bit." 

You can't reply for fear of injuring yourself further, and instead point to your jaw and nod.

"Get over here and put your head down by my hands." It's a strange request from this cat girl you just meet a bit ago, really strange actually, but you oblige anyways. Yara places her palms on the top of your jaw bone on both sides before snapping them violently, sending a rush of pain mixed with shock through your body and out the tips of your fingers. 

"Owwww...where'd you learn that one?" Your eye widen when you realize speaking has once again become possible and your jaw is healed. "But, it was broken and you just mended my bones together? You can't jus-"

"Be quiet and undo these."

You look down at the cuffs in the ground and notice that there isn't any lock hole for a key. "Um, and how am I gonna do that? There's not any way to open it!"

"...I don't care how you open it, but if you want your friend to live like I said before, you will." Yara glared up at you, her eyes shining with curiosity, going on about how you'd figure this one out.

A knock at the "door" interrupts your thinking as none other then the douche king himself comes walking in with bloodied fists. You hear Yara give a low chuckle and glance back to see her baring her teeth. "Hope that mark I gave you heals nicely." You turn back just in time to see Adrian pull up the collar of his shirt quickly, trying to cover up a widespread bite-mark spanning across his neck.

"You bit him

" You turn back to Yara, shock written over your face with a hint of interest. "And on the neck to?"

Yara shrugged, grinning some more to show off more of her feline resemblance. "Instinct I suppose." You raise your eyebrows in her direction. "What?! Fair game if he's going to tie us up and treat us like animals!"

"Look who's taking fleabag." Adrian pulled back his foot and swung it forward using his body weight, making full contact with Yara's underchin in the form of a round-house kick. She recoiled from the initial kick, but refused to give off any sound to acknowledge his strength.

"Ugh! That is such a stereotype. Not all animals have tiny black bugs crawling over their skin and behind their ears you know."

Another hard downward kick to the top of Yaras head this time, her face pushed into the ground by his heel. "Shut up you smart-mouthed bitch."

You attempt to speak up for Yara and make an advance towards her cuffs, but in tern hear a muffled scream from Yara as Adrian pushes down harder. He glared down at you, a growl of sorts rumbling in his throat. "Don't you even fucking try it or I'll crush her skull along with yours."

Slowly leaning away, you give a quaint headnod. Adrian returns with a chuckle of amusement before releasing Yara to bend down and grab you by the neck. Caught off guard you gasp, feeling his grasp tighten as you do so. Yara's eyes go wide as she tries to lash out regardless or her bindings. "No! L-Listen she hasn't done anything! Y/N!"

Ignoring Yara's attempts to appeal him, Adrian continues to focus on you. "Hey there darling, it's been a bit since we last spoke. Hope you still remember me. I mean, don't get me wrong, but who could forget this lovely face?"

"Why did you bring us here? I never did anything to deserve this and neither did anyone else!" Adrian releases you, a still ever present smile plastered on his face.

"Hah, that's cute....Let me show you something... worth importance, sound good?" Forced up and shoved towards the door Adrian had entered through, you feel a blast of freezing cold air hit you like a pile of bricks as it opens. Jack's laying there, a puddle of black enveloping him that seems to be streaming from his head.

"JACK!" Emotions surge through you, the sight of Jack's limp body pulling you in with a weak limp twords him. "Adrian, you basta-"

Adrian raises his foot, shoving it into your back and pushing your stummbling figure forward to Jacks side. "Before you ask about what I did yo him, see for yourself."

Desperate for the sound of Jacks voice, you lean in close and try wake him. As you place your hand on his shoulder, he feels colder then the room around you. You cautiously remove his mask to show his hollowed out eyes, heat still void from his body. Leaning in, you go for his chest, listening closely, desperate for a steady beat. The empty sound of his still, hollow, heart took a moment to sink in before you bury you head against Jacks chest, trying to choke back the tears that blurred your vision.

------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry this is so late and, to be honest, a bit boring? Anyways, I'm wrapped up with a lot of school projects, making this kind of writing much more rare for me. Hope you all still enjoy this! I'll start on the second chapter asap but there are no set dates for when it'll be out. I hope you can understand. Bye!

~InsanityLurksNear