Escape (Part 2)

Making your way out into the hall way full of you what you assume are dead bodies, you see Yara's door has been broken off of it's hinges and slammed into the wall across from the open room. "Did you break that door?"

"Of course I did! How else do you purrrsume I got out?" Turning around to look at Yara in the front,  you jump at the sight of a massive blue cat at least the size of a full grown tiger if not bigger wearing Yaras clothes ina larger size. Turing it's head, it makes direct eye contact with narrow slits for pupils. "I used my body mass to furce the door down." Blinking slowly, Yara turned her head back to looking forward as she continued to walk, her tail swagging in a lulling motion while almost hitting Jeff several times who was already struggling with Jacks body mass.

Swarm upon swarm came straight to Yara and her claws. You tried to avoid watching, but as she cut them, sometimes a spray of blood would land on you with some force propelling it. You keep your focused trained on the back of the group after that. After what felt like forever, Yara stopped padding along and shifted back into her casual human form. 

"Oh bother! Now I have blood all over my garments and tongue!"

"Watch your language~"

"Sorry! It's just that now I shall have to scrub this all out!"

"...So, are we at the exit?" You dare to speak up.

"Oh, yes we are. See? Right through this doo-" Yara's speech was cut off by a shriek as an electric net crashed into her body knocking her to the floor in a daze. Twitching frantically, her eyes began to roll upwards as her ligaments ceased. The electricity suddenly stopped it's flow, Yara now passed out from the strong electrical current.

"YARA!" You sprint up to her, about the touch the net when you realized it might still be charged. "WHO-" A click comes from  behind you when a sharp object penetrates under he skin of your neck. Reaching around frantically to rip it out, you feel nothing but the hairs on the nape of your neck. The hallway goes silent for a brief moment as Jeff stands frigid, ready to strike out at any possible threat.

"What is it Y/N? Are you okay?!"

"Yeah...yeah I'm good, I just thought someone shot me in the neck for a second."

"Hu, weird." Gazing down at Yara's limp body Jeff let out a tremendous sigh of frustration. "I CAN'T CARRY BOTH OF THEM YOU KNOW! Look, you're gonna have to take at least of these limp bags of meat over your shoulder if we want to get them both out of here!"

"Shut up and check to see if that net still has the electricity on it. I'd rather you get shocked then me."

Jeff snarled before bending down to test the net. "But then who would carry this heavy ass guy around? Oh, and Y/N, are you really so naive?"

"Hu? What are you talking about?" 

Flinging the net off of Yara with ease, he proceeded to lift her up onto his other shoulder before turning around to talk to your directly. "Jack isn't dead. He's more or less in a coma like state but will be totally fine. He did this a few time before and was totally chill."

Relief swept over you like a current, but only for a few seconds before anger came into play. "Well thanks for telling me this now instead of earlier! What? Do you just like seeing me in pain?!"

"Do you really want an honest answer to that question?"

"Screw you."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just the biggest dick you ever met in your life etc etc. Now can we please go home? I haven't annoyed BEN in way to long!"

"...Fine..." You mutter silently to yourself as Jeff swung open the door to reveal an elevator with a glass lining showing out into the pale,blue, sky. 

"This way!" Cramming your way into the elevator with the others, the door closes on itself like normal elevator sliding doors would. Descending quickly, you watch as the clouds grow higher in the sky as you go down. 

"Jeff?"

"Yes?"

"Are you sure Jack will be fine? I was sure his heart wasn't beating at all..."

"I'm positive." Jeff spoke sternly, his seriousness taking you by surprise. "This has happened before, and let me promise you that he will be fine. Alright?"

You take a moment before responding, shivers run down your spine from the uneasy feeling still in your stomach. "Alright." The elevator continues to move down, the gentle rumble of the cords dropping the three of you back down to familiar ground.

                                                           ------------------End of Part 2-------------------

Here it is, just like I promised! Also, yes, they were in a "Sky Prison". So original. Ugh. But here you are, non the less!  This chapter put a bit of character development into the mix with Yara and maybe Jeff towards the end. (Also I was watching a lot of Netflix while watching this so sorry if I started to ramble a bit. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter of the series! 

~Insanity