Escape (Part 1)

What you assumed to be the night passed slowly and painfully as Jacks body continued to remain unmoved from the original spot you found it in. You wondered how he could have died, but since there where wounds visible on his body, you figured that maybe it was internal damage from blunt force from  well aimed contact that made a bruise on his head ..but all the other wounds were stab wounds so maybe he bled out...

"Wait a second..." You speak out loud to yourself to make sure that what you"re thinking sounds sane when spoken. The room had been eerily quite for 6 or so hours and you felt the need to hear something other then your own breathing and chattering teeth from the cold. There must have been a draft somewhere in the room.

"A draft? Hold on, then that means there must be a way out if cold air is coming in from outside!" Your spirits are lifted for only a swift moment before you remember why you'd been thrown into this room in the first place. You glance down at Jacks body once more, still clutching his mask that you had removed. You had made the decision that if the time arrived where you needed to escape that you would just leave his body and carry his mask for memory, but now the idea felt absurd to leave Jack's body behind in a place like this.

"YOU ALIVE IN THERE BITCH?!" Violent yelling came from the other side of the door along with vigorous pounding on the thick metal. The voice was hard to identify with the vibrations from the swinging on the door echoing around the almost completely sealed room. Without warning, a blast of air is flung in your face as the door swings open and crashes into the wall. "Thought you two dipshits could use a bit of saving after I figured out which room you were in." It was the arrogant dick, Jeff. He was alone for the most part besides his knife covered in fresh blood. "Come on! We gotta hawl ass out of here! I killed a few guys who saw me and were about to sound the alarm. I didn't have time to hide the bodies, so it won't be long before-" 

A ringing fills your ears as sirens go off in a rhythmic scream, alerting everyone of the unwanted presence of Jeff and yourself. "Shit! Wake your boyfriend up, we have to go NOW." Standing quickly, you go to shake Jack in a panic to escape before you realize the ever present stillness of his body. "God looks like someone got shit on by Adrain, the dick...Jack? JACK GET UP. What's wrong with him?"

"He's dead. Adrian killed him. I-I don't know how but he wasn't breathing when I got thrown in here-"

"What?! But, this son of a bitch can't be dead...he can't-"

"HE'S DEAD!" The sound of  running feet come to your attention. "But for now we can't deal with emotions!"

10 seconds.

"But-" 

"I SAID SHUT UP!" You close the gap between the two of you and firmly grasp Jeff's other hand not preoccupied by his knife.

5 seconds.

"Are you ready?"

2 seconds.

Jeff chuckled briskly with a hitch at the end as he takes in a breath.

1 second.

"Let's kill some fuckers."

Black armoured figures appeared at the entrance to the door and were quickly eliminated by Jeff who tore through them without hesitation, a new sense of fire in his eyes. Releasing his hand from your grasp, he went out into the narrow hall to take on more opponents who continued to swarm the area. Making a dash for the back of the room, you search for the seep of air as a gunshot rings out loudly above the commotion of the sirens. Jeff was something special, but he wouldn't be able to last much longer against so many opponents coming at him at once.

You mutter curses under your breath and slam your fist in to the wall. Without warning, your arm falls through a hole as the part of the wall slides out with ease. Peering thought the hole you'd just made, a light blue sky flaunts back at you. Shoving violently at all the other blocks surrounding the one you'd unintentional pushed, you make a hole big enough to fit yourself and maybe Jeff.

"JEFF! I FOUND A WAY OUT!" A flash of white and red comes zooming past you, a hand connecting with your as Jeff darts out the opening dragging you with him. "Woah slow DOWN!" You swing past Jeff while still holding on tightly for dear life. The opening had taken the two of them straight the edge, literately. Jeff gripped onto the edge of the hole while you secured yourself to his hand. 

Glaring down at you, Jeff growled furiously as blood dripped onto your face from a wound on his forehead. "What the hell is this?! There's no way to get down from this height! This is for parachuting not free falling!" Dull shock hits you like a train as you realize that there is no way out, that you can't get away, there is no escape...

The sound of skin hit skin reaches your ears as a body comes flying out of the opening above, almost knocking you down with it. A voice calls out, telling you to climb up and that it is safe. Ascending was difficult considering Jeff had to pull himself up without letting go of you, but he managed.

"Idiotic mutt thought he could keep me tied up! Anyhow, good to see the two of you are doing splendid if you ignore the gash on your cranium Jeffery. Looks horrific." 

"God dammit Yara I told you not to call me that!"

"I'm just messing around with you! So, what happened since yesterday?"

You briskly replayed Yara the events of Jeff coming to your aid, the men attacking which she apparently "disposed" of, and Jack. "That's pretty much it. How'd you get out by the way?" You ask.

"Well, let's put it simple terms. Chains designed for humans don't fit cats very splendidly." Giving a cute giggle, Yara gestured towards the door exiting the room. "Come along then. I know this place like the back of my paw. Oh, Y/N, did forget to mention that I can shift from a human to a feline? I don't believe I have."

"I had no idea!"

"...Are you being sarcastic with me?" 

"No! Never in my life."

Jeff butted in before your conversation could be continued any farther. "Hey, not trying to be rude of anything, but I think we should get going before more of those guys show up and kick out asses. Also, what should we do with Jack? We can't just leave the guy..."

"Watch your language Jeffer-...Jeff. Look, bringing him with us would slow us down considerably and increase our chances of all getting caught. But I suppose leaving him doesn't seem like the morally correct thing to do since we can carry him..."

You make a statement before Jeff can speak up. "We should take his body. I'll carry it all on my own if I have to, I don;t care. All that I know is that we aren't leaving him here in this rotting hell hole."

"...Alright. Yara, you take out the bastards we come across while I carry Jack. Y/N, watch the back to check for anyone coming up from the rear. We all clear?"

"Except for your ridiculous usage of language, yes. Are you ready as well?" Yara looks at you, eager growing in her eyes.

"Yeah, let's do this, again."

-End of Part 1-