complete sixteen

Hermione didn't know what to do now. Harry took the news rather well. She felt as if now all she could do was wait. Wait for Harry to figure it out. But she wished it was like the past. Where her and Harry would sit in the library flipping through books, Ron nagging them to do something else. But it wasn't the same anymore. The golden trio, that fought Voldemort, that always knew everything before anyone else, and as Mcgonagal always said "Why is it always you three?", It just wasn't the same now. Especially since the three had loathed Malfoy with all their souls, and he usually was the first person they blamed when a new incident occurred. Also the fact that Ron avoided Hermione as much as possible, and when they did cross paths, nothing but negative words were exchanged.

Hermione sighed sitting back into the sofa. She didn't know what to do. She felt bored....yet still useless sitting here, while their was the biggest mystery of her life....still unsolved. She always enjoyed taking on projects. But she knew she had to leave it to Harry.

Looking at the clock, she decided she would just find Draco.....maybe it would get her mind off things. She entered the great hall....spotting Ginny. She scanned the half full tables for Draco, but then realized....she had no idea where he was. He wasn't in the great hall that was for sure.

She turned around ignoring her grumbling stomach.....and set off to the slytherian common room. She knocked on the portrait......only this time it was Pansy parkinson who opened it. "What do you want mud blood?" Pansy asked glaring at Hermione. "I was wondering if Draco is here?" she said as calm as possible, reminding herself that hexing her would lead to expoltion.

"I dont really know...maybe he is maybe he isn't!.....I only saw him last night when I was maintaining his needs....opps! He told me not to tell you that. oh well!" pansy said in an innocent little girl voice.

Hermione was boiling with rage. She knew she was lying. And she knew she just said that to annoy her. And she wasn't going to let it work. "Is he here or not?" she said more sternly.

"I told you I don't know-"

"Pansy!....stop bothering the young first years...they just get lost sometimes." The teenage boy said coming to the portrait hole. "Hermione Granger?" he asked.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" Hermione asked, not quite placing the slytherias name.

"Blaise. Blaise zabini......Now is there a way I could help you?" He glared at pansy.

"is Draco here?"

"No...he left this morning."

"Thanks!" She said turning around and walking as quickly as possible away from pansy.

Hermione checked the prefects bathroom. Not there. Then the astronomy tower....and other classrooms. She then checked the great hall one more time. Not there. The courtyard, the lake, the grounds around the castle, the rocks. Not there either. She began to worry until she approached the quidditch post, noticing his blonde hair soaring in the sky above her. He was practicing alone. She just watched for a while, before deciding to make herself known.

"Malfoy!" She shouted from the ground. He looked over his shoulder, and soon his broom was right next to her, him dismounting it.

"Granger...to what do I owe the pleasure?......come for my autograph?.......Or just to swoon over me." He smiled cockily.

"let me think.....niether!" she said putting her arms around his neck.

"Then what do you want?" he asked still playing along.

"I think you know."

"Do I?"

"Shut up Malfoy...!" she said. and before he could argue she kissed him forcefuly.