Thirty-two

Out of all the things Hermione Jean Granger had done in her life. This was by far the most nerve wrecking, and that is saying something. Few of many things that she had done in her life included in no particular order: hustling dragons up staircases at the dead of night, narrowly escaping a set of traps of a three headed dog, (which by the way the name Fluffy could be misleading), devil snare, a life size deadly chess game, Serving detentions in the Forbidden forest, time traveling to help an escaped prisoner, entering the womping willow and coming across a room of escaped prisoners, being petrified by a large baskalisk with the potential to kill, being tied to the bottom of the black lake unconscious (almost bitten by a shark head), some how surviving Ron Weasley all of forth year, managing to entertain a date of a national quidditch player, surviving the shrieks of a mandrake, bearing Hagrid's classes of dangerous creatures almost being blasted by a Blast Ended Skrewt, not being placed in Azkaban after being found under a dark mark at the quidditch world cup, apparating everywhere without being splinched, turning into a cat for an hour, riding on an invisible Therestral to London, Out running a werewolf, breaking into the ministry and facing numerous death-eaters, managing to not be attacked by the elves while starting spew, dealing with the discrimination of being a muggleborn, having countless articles of her written by Skeeter, sneaking around Umbridge to help start the D.A, visiting Gwarp, surviving many centaur encounters, leading a crazed psycho witch (ahem....Umbridge) into the forbidden forest, Not being killed in the battle of the astronomy tower, Knowing Lavender Brown and Cormac Mcglaggen, Researching the half blood prince, Obliviating her parents, disguising as Harry and narrowly escaping the death eaters and Voldemort in the sky, not dying from the Weezley's whizzes, Attending a wedding crashed by wait for it.....Death eaters, hiding from snatchers, running from snatchers, getting captured by snatchers, being tortured by Bellatrix, Breaking into Gringotts, escaping on a dragon, using the imperius curse on a little goblin, living with two boys while on the run in a portable tent wearing an evil locket, having fights through and through with Ronald Weasley and Harry too, spending many weeks in Grimwald place, destroying a horcruxe in a chamber, being chased down by a 12 foot snake, living through a battle at her school considered the final duel, and while doing all of this being top of her class and prefect as a matter of fact. And to top it all off she witnessed the deaths of Dumbledore, Sirius, Fred, Dobby, and her very good friend Harry. And after all of that she fell in love with her arch enemy, a former death-eater.

And yet this was still the most nerve wrecking moment of her life.  She was soaring in the air, circling the stadium keeping an eye for the snitch, the chants from the crowd drowning out even her own thoughts.  Occasionally she would meet eyes with Draco, and he shook his head, signalling that he had no clue where it was either.

Granger is our Queen

Bound to beat Malfoy

For Malfoy stinks

Then their was the Slytherin team's chant

Granger is our Queen

Distracting Draco with

her muggle qualities

Then, all of a sudden, chant's aside, she saw it.   And it wasn't just hanging out by the goal post.  It was  a little black speck hovering in the sky way above her, possibly in the clouds.  She started to ascend upwards, wind rushing past her. She was so close she could grab it now.  But instead she just hovered there, the snitch in front of her hoping Draco would come and catch it himself.

"Granger what do you think you are doing?" yelled a voice behind her, and she smiled realizing he noticed she was up here.

"Well Malfoy there is a snitch right in front of me at the moment."